Gel comparison

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMyers

Reaction score
This soap heated up so fast! I thought I'd get a quick comparison of the soap as it's gelling along side the same soap (leftovers) poured into an individual mold, not gelling. Fun, hey?

0316151345_zpsgnwkdovg.jpg

It's supposed to be a 5 lb mold, but the lid won't fit with 5 lb in the mold! Oops on that one, I'll need to work with my recipe a bit to figure that bit out, I guess.

Yes, it is fun. :grin: It's also interesting to see the how different the colors look in comparison. The swirls look great on the top of the loaf. Did you take any cut pics? hint...hint

Wow - I love the vibrancy of the colors in the loaf so much! When I was getting partial gels, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to try to solve it by trying to avoid gel (using the fridge/freezer) or forcing the gel (using the oven) - I definitely prefer the look of gelled soap.

Beautiful swirls!

So those are from the exact same batch, just gelled and ungelled? That is really a huge difference. I expected the difference in tone/brightness/depth, but those are so different in color. Interesting.

Yes, the soap in the pink mold is just what wouldn't fit into the big mold. So, it's the exact same, poured within seconds (maybe minutes) of each other.

You can see how the soap came out in my blog post here. Hazel, the cut pics are there too! The ungelled is pretty much the same as in the first pic in this thread!

Such a huge difference between the gelled and u gelled. The colours are gorgeous. I have one more thing to say! Cut, cut cut!

Rowan, cut pics are in the blog post linked in post #6 of this thread :)

And I was just happy the soap "did what I told it to!" It was a fun experiment. But I am not sure I will be doing more landscape soaps, unless specifically requested by someone!

Latest posts

Back