Gecko Divorce

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally had to separate my Gecko pair last night. For a week now my female Soudini has been in hiding and not coming out to eat. If she did come out Houdini the Barbarian would lay across the food dish and guard it, so I put in another dish low near the bushes where I thought she was hiding. He promptly ran down to the bottom of the tank and laid down across a piece of wood to guard that dish. He is so naughty, it is spring and he has one thing on his wee pea brain, and apparently, Soudini has not been cooperating. She was not in the weeds but in a piece of bamboo so I was able to remove the bamboo with her in it. Divorce time. At least she does not look too bad just a little thin, not critically.

Sadly I do not have time to build a tank so she is stuck in one with a big Sansevira plant and some bamboo, temporarily and I am on the hunt for another mate for Houdini the Barbarian. My saga for the morning. Not soaping!!

Back