G'day from South Western Australia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen

Reaction score
A little about me :)
Love love love making soap and cheese
Started with our 2 girl goats 3 years ago..
Angel - Saanen Breed, daughter -Spirit
Wiggles - Toggenburg Breed, daughter - Shakers
There is also Peanut - Boar Goat with Walnut as her son but now sadly lacking nurries :)
I'm in the South West of Western Australia and at the moment it's bloody cold -> Aussie Accent !
Since I have abundance of Goats Milk, I freeze and use all as water in recipes, great label appeal!

Thank you Krista,
Currently doing some little girl and boy whipped soaps.
Main base is either triple infused 50% rose hip (girls) or triple infused chamomile (boys) organic aussie olive oil.
The Mr Poo has activated charcoal CP base and oatmeal incorporated in the whipped icing.

Welcome, Helen! I may have been here longer, but I've been a lurker (I read but haven't posted). I used to make soap, years ago, and just recently started up again. My very first soap -- sometime before 2000 -- used (cow's) milk as the liquid and I so love what milk does to a soap that I use it almost all the time. So I envy you your abundance of goats' milk.
I played with infusing oils myself, but found the results more symbolic than anything else once the soap had been through all the heating and all the chemical reaction. Should have thought of doing a triple or even a 5-fold infusion in the first place! Do you find that your triple infused oils carry the herbs on into the finished soap?

Welcome Helen :), looks like you have been here 1 1/2 yrs already. It's been cold and rainy here also.

Welcome.gif

Ditto what Krista said. Sounds like you're into some fun stuff. We wanna see! No pressure, but here's a link to the Photo Gallery for whenever you feel like sharing ;):
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/forums/the-photo-gallery.22/

Latest posts

Back