GAS !!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachgurl

Reaction score
Is the gas really skyrocketing where any of you are. In Morehead, they're charging $5 a gallon in some places. Here it's $4.30 a gallon. I'm about to have a stroke.

:shock: Gas has gone up 30 cents in Corsicana (4 hour N of the beach where Ike hit) & we were on the evacuation route. We are at #.79 or something like that.

Our town is so very full of people from the beach. Our highway was bumper to bumper & so were our main streets. It is normal to wait at a street light w/ maybe 1-2 cars in front of us, it was like 15 yesterday. Buses everywhere. It's crazy here, but gas is OK at the moment. We did fill up though.

Oh yeah .. gotta love hurricane evacs ... last time we evac'd from here in coastal NC we decided to go to my mother in law's (lots of fun .. note the sarcasm) which is normally a 4 hour drive... 13 hours later .. lol .. we arrived. I wonder if there's price gouging going on here .. they're even rationing the gas .. 10 gallon limit.

wooow... yeah im on coastal florida (west) and we got a lot of storm surge (not as bad as up north) but gas has hiked up a lot and you need to wait behind like 4 other cars to get gas!... bah!

Yesterday, up here in Canada our prices went up to $1.48 a liter which equates to almost $6 a gallon. Because of the hurricane. Bah!!!

Laurie

How many remember the oil embargo against the US in 1973? Gas was about $0.25/gallon then shot up to over $1/gallon. :shock: It tripled dang near overnight, but no one's paycheck did.

You could only buy gas on odd or even days depending on the last digit of your tag number. The lines would be soooooo long and we would have to push the car along as most did because you ran out of gas. I do not mean the light body cars today, but the steel framed big honking things. :lol: Getting gas was a half day event, with lines forming before sunrise at the gas stations.

Government offered no interst loans to convert or suppliment your homes with solar panels. Seems we would have learned a lesson then. :roll:

Digit

yes, it's nearly $6 per gallon here too. Time to get in shape and start using our bicycles more! Egads....

digit said:
How many remember the oil embargo against the US in 1973?
Digit

I think back in 1973 i was a little more concerned with learning to walk than the price of gas,

But its been a few weeks since i filled the car, and i never look at the prices, or i should say look that cloe at them because i need it so i just pay for it and go to the station in town the is known for having the best price.

soap_lady said:
I think back in 1973 i was a little more concerned with learning to walk than the price of gas,
Uhhhhh....I read about it in a magazine? Well......I was old enough to push the car.........uh...........I was still a kid.......okay, I admit it, I may have a few short years on you. :lol: :lol:

Digit

I remember after Katrina, Marines were fist fighting on base for gas; they brought out the MP's and the fighting continued so they shut down the pumps. I thought for sure we would have found a better way .. obviously not.

Unfortunately I was -9 years old in 73 .. lol. Not even a twinkle in mom's eye yet. This is just nuts .. the prices of everything is going to increase. I think taking this financial management courses has put a whole new light on everything .. my professor has us scared half to death.

I think taking this financial management courses has put a whole new light on everything .. my professor has us scared half to death.
I would like to take a similar class. Maybe I will next semester...

It's worth it, especially since you own your own business. I can't believe how much I've learned while earning this second degree. It goes into so much about cash conversion cycles, financing business activities, etc. It's really worth the time and effort.

Back