Gas price humor

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. Good site.

How many remember the rationing of the 70's? Pushing the car (all big honking steel bodied boats) inch by inch because you ran dry while in line on your designated day to buy gas.

Digit

Ive had to do it before...though im young... 57 chevy...white and black with surf racks and a pic of duke kahonamahoku in the rear window (one of those you could see through for cars...)

(my stepdads car and he sucks for getting rid of it..)

3 miles from gas station...montauk NY...on the way back from surfing with the fam (we are all in the car...the guys... my stepdad, my two bros and I...)

I just changed out of my wetsuit, so im only wearing a towel....yeaaaaaaah we ran dry and im pushing a car with my bros half naked...

soo anyways, the towel fell off and gave the line of cars backed up behind us and everyone one oncoming quite a nice little show lol.... I couldnt put the towel back on because then the car would slow and we wouldnt make it up the hill!!!....bahahahha

neared the top of the hill and gave that last greeeeeeeeat exilerating (sp??) push and whooooooooooo there it goes down the hill, so now im running after it trying to keep up so I can jump in the door ...still naked only i got a chance to sort of put the towel on... then i decide screw it if i dont want to walk i better give it my all right now....there goes the towel again and i bolt as fast as i possibly can and dive into the door...

we wound up having just enough momentum to stop in front of the pump...woooo...job well done ;)

(and thats a true story)

GARFIELD'S VIEW ON THE OIL CRISIS:

A lot of folks can't understand how we came to have an oil shortage here in our country.

Well, there's really a very simple answer.
Nobody bothered to check the oil.
We just didn't know we were getting low.
The reason is purely geographical.
Our oil is located in:

Alaska, California, Coastal Florida, Coastal Louisiana,
Kansas, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and Texas.

The problem is .........

Our DIPSTICKS are located in Washington, DC!!!!!

kwahlne said:

A lot of folks can't understand how we came to have an oil shortage here in our country.

Our oil is located in:

The problem is .........

hahahaaahahahaahah

did thy make more garfield comics??? i used to read those books from borders by the dozen lol...

IanT said:
did thy make more garfield comics??? i used to read those books from borders by the dozen lol...

Hehe! I don't know. My brother used to read them all the time when we were teens... This one I got as an email forward... just yesterday!

IanT said:
Ive had to do it before...though im young... 57 chevy...white and black with surf racks and a pic of duke kahonamahoku in the rear window (one of those you could see through for cars...)

(my stepdads car and he sucks for getting rid of it..)

3 miles from gas station...montauk NY...on the way back from surfing with the fam (we are all in the car...the guys... my stepdad, my two bros and I...)

I just changed out of my wetsuit, so im only wearing a towel....yeaaaaaaah we ran dry and im pushing a car with my bros half naked...

soo anyways, the towel fell off and gave the line of cars backed up behind us and everyone one oncoming quite a nice little show lol.... I couldnt put the towel back on because then the car would slow and we wouldnt make it up the hill!!!....bahahahha

neared the top of the hill and gave that last greeeeeeeeat exilerating (sp??) push and whooooooooooo there it goes down the hill, so now im running after it trying to keep up so I can jump in the door ...still naked only i got a chance to sort of put the towel on... then i decide screw it if i dont want to walk i better give it my all right now....there goes the towel again and i bolt as fast as i possibly can and dive into the door...

we wound up having just enough momentum to stop in front of the pump...woooo...job well done ;)

(and thats a true story)

I never get to see stuff like that! Wish I could've been there and had a video cam - probably would have won $100,000 on AFV.

kwahlne said:

Our oil is located in:

The problem is .........

LOL :lol:

lol....most likely ;)

definitely a learning experience... wait till you get home to take off your bathing suit! lol..

IanT said:

...job well done ;)

(and thats a true story)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Streaking in NY, eh?

Was it a "full moon"? :lol: :lol: You know I HAD to type that. :lol: :lol:

Digit

lol....oohhh it was a full moon alright :)

definitely misdemeanor-worthy lol

Back