gardening advice? anyone?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodi

Reaction score
I just had an ugly well extension put into our front 'garden', and bought a small rustic table to cover it. Now I need a trailing plant to hide the pipe. Any ideas on which plants? (and yes, I asked at a garden forum too, but all answers will be appreciated).

PipePig.jpg

My stove-barrel pig also gets a flowery hat. I usually just buy deep purple petunias, cuz I love the scent. (hmm, wonder if they make purple petunia fo?)

My first thought was a nice fake plant since that's all I can ever keep alive, but then that might not work so well for the application that your looking for.

Hopefully someone else has the perfect plant to grow and hide the pipe. But I really like that pig!

A Clematis would be lovely. Or if you want a fast grower, plant some Morning Glories! They will pretty much grow in any kind of soil and just need regular amount of water and sun! I love morning glories!

Other climbing plants to think about are Moonflowers and Sweet Peas. Hope that helps a little bit!

Oh, and your pig is adorable!!

ooops, just noticed you wanted a trailing plant not a climbing one. Sorry.

Here are some cascading plant suggestions:

Bacopa

Bidens

Helichrysum

Sanvitalia

You could go with Sweer Potato Vine but they aren't flowering. They now have a cascading Petunia (wave petunia) which is pretty. Can you tell I am absolutely obsesses with flowers? :oops:

Hops works too :).... that would grow right up the extension and you could use the flowers in soap! :)

Honeysuckle grows wild here, I have several bushes, which the snowplow guy knocks all a-kilter every wintertime. :evil:

but I could do morning glories, we are in zone 4. Hops sounds like fun, and I could use them as sleepytime tea too. So many great ideas.

Thanks everyone!

I think hops might give you munchies too...its the only other plant in the cannabacae family (yes you read that right...cannabis is related to hops, so remember that next time you swig a beer!)

lol...yeahhh, one of the many things I learned as a Bio-major in college...I loved to study plants and their genus' and such... I was suprised to find that little tidbit out...just because of the irony of legality, where one plant in the genus is the most heavily prohibited, and the other, the most heavily promoted (through beer)...pretty crazy stuff :)

Back