Gardenia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, All. I've been using the gardenia from The Sage (Majestic Mountain) for years. I don't even like it. Smells like school paste to me. Where will I find a great, southern girl gardenia FO? Many thanks.

Hi...I hesitate to recommend it because it can be um...challenging in soap, but French Gardenia from WSP is my favorite gardenia. You might have to search it on their site otherwise you will get their regular Gardenia...which is very nice but French Gardenia has something special. They probably don't list it in the regular catalog because it can be such a beast but now I'm hoping we know how to work with it. So you might like it...

I always thought the MMS one was one of the better ones. I just liked to use small amounts in a blend because it was so overpowering. I have tested several and they just seem to have a bitter sour scent I don't like. I have the WSP French Gardenia to test. thanks Jan; I will be careful when I test it. I do think OOB it seems very nice. I have used the WSP Honeysuckle/gardenia and it was one of the better ones; more generic white flower but nice.

My favorite gardenia is white gardenia from Natures Garden. In fact it’s what’s in my wax melter right now! It does accelerate in CP but it smells so good I don’t even care.

Latest posts

Back