Gardener's soap recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great advice, thanks! Advice around here is no outside planting until all the snow is gone from a specific mountain peak in the area. We are still getting some nights below freezing, although we might be turning the corner this very week. Maybe I need to find a spot inside for some starters?
If spring comes later in your area I would definitely start growing inside to cut some time. Be aware, it climbs a lot, so controlling the height is wise, so you don't end up with loofah out of your reach. I live in warm Adriatic so I can start planting very early, February/March speaking. But some tropical plants need more warm months to develope fruit, so sometimes I start indoor, just in case our summer finishes early(Sept/Oct),to give them that amount of warm temp.

What??? I had no clue. I have a bunch of loofah seeds purchased a few years back. I hope to plant them this year and will now experiment with eating one. Or asking my husband to eat one. ;)😁
Lol- I saw on my gardening forum that you can eat rattlesnake weed tubers. I made my husband try it first. He asked me why he had to eat it first, and I told him that it's supposed to taste like a radish and I hate radish. 🤣🤣. It didn't really taste like a radish too much but we didn't die ( and the weed did) so it was all good 🤣.

That's great advice, thanks! Advice around here is no outside planting until all the snow is gone from a specific mountain peak in the area. We are still getting some nights below freezing, although we might be turning the corner this very week. Maybe I need to find a spot inside for some starters?
That's the same advice we get here. I'm in a Zone 5 region. We always planted them too late in the season and I told my husband that we need to be starting them indoors in February so they're strong enough to be planted by the May long weekend (that's the other word of wisdom from my husband... no planting until the May long). Just don't let them get too leggy.

Mother's Day is the marker for me on planting outdoors. What I like to do is to start seeds indoors, tend to them, watch them get tall and leggy, get inpatient about the hardening off thing, transplant them into the garden, watch them die, and then vow never do that again. I like to repeat the whole process every March. :)

Mother's Day is the marker for me on planting outdoors. What I like to do is to start seeds indoors, tend to them, watch them get tall and leggy, get inpatient about the hardening off thing, transplant them into the garden, watch them die, and then vow never do that again. I like to repeat the whole process every March. :)
Yeah, been there as well 😂

Polenta, green clay and grounded soapnuts (grinded? 🤔) used as exfoliants. Polenta and nuts dispersed in oil added to warm oils. Dispersed clay and EOs added to light trace. Brewed then frozen coffee for lye solution. Didn't stink! Also didn't go above 35 °C. Heated oils and butters to about 40 °C and then added 33°C coffee lye. Wondering if that is too low temperature? Rosemary and tea tree EO 60:40 ratio. Tracing was not accelerated. Got it covered with pyramid shaped cardboard and insulated with towels. Sprayed with 91%alc.
I guess that's it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220327_144251.jpg
    IMG_20220327_144251.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20220327_144318.jpg
    IMG_20220327_144318.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20220327_144323.jpg
    IMG_20220327_144323.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 19
It looks lovely! If it didn't stink I may try your method someday.

Can you post some pictures next time? I would like to see how you do it.
Oh it's nothing fancy. I have a spare mold on the side so I made you photos just to have an idea.
The little frog is pretending to be the top of my soap hight 😂🐸.
And then just covered with some towels.

Attachments

• IMG_20220327_182455.jpg
    IMG_20220327_182455.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 21
Back