Garden-inspired Guessing Game

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ResolvableOwl

Notorious Lyear
Reaction score
Guess what's happening here!
I let the photos speak for themselves, once after another in loose succession. Until the very end, when I'll also include motivation/context, the recipe, and various comments.

(My kind-of-contribution to the June 2021 “Garden-inspired” soap challenge. Too much of the final appeal isn't directly soap-related, so I decided to not officially submit it to the competition.)

a89175bdb9fa.jpg

cbada8868ffa.jpg

Yes it is! I just couldn't resist save the ash of that campfire, and make something soapy out of it. But as it's mostly potash (potassium-based), it's not really usable for bar soap, so I made a liquid soap. Then of course LS limits design shenanigans, and I really felt like it doesn't fit in between the gorgeous swirls, soap dough sculptures etc. that are industriously prepared by all the other challenge participants. I hesitated long, and eventually decided to drop out of the competition.

I'm writing up what I did in particular, and how every of these photos is connected to the final product (guessing still allowed!). So long, admire that beautiful peachy colour!

the packman backdrop
🤣 It's a towel with owls sitting on a line! I discovered it a few days ago while clearing up, and thought it'd be a great “signature backdrop” for me.

Latest posts

Back