Ganged Up On!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulie

Reaction score
So, I started a new job, we were going around the room introducing ourselves and I mentioned I am a soapmaker. Oh my gosh, 5 or 6 people asked it I sell, asked so many questions about scent - that's what they care about, just scent LOL. I stopped talking and just looked at everyone, I was so surprised!

I just had to tell someone, this was just unlike me, to freeze up like that. I guess I'll be making some soap to sell. A Dr was in our class, and she wants Sandlewood/Patchouli, again only cared about scent!!!

Thanks for looking. LOL

So, I started a new job, we were going around the room introducing ourselves and I mentioned I am a soapmaker. Oh my gosh, 5 or 6 people asked it I sell, asked so many questions about scent - that's what they care about, just scent LOL. I stopped talking and just looked at everyone, I was so surprised!

I just had to tell someone, this was just unlike me, to freeze up like that. I guess I'll be making some soap to sell. A Dr was in our class, and she wants Sandlewood/Patchouli, again only cared about scent!!!

Thanks for looking. LOL

Wait until someone asks if you make “lye soap,” because they don’t like “lye soap” and you try to explain that all soap is, technically, lye soap.

Wait until someone asks if you make “lye soap,” because they don’t like “lye soap” and you try to explain that all soap is, technically, lye soap.
Right?!, I only make lye soap I'll tell 'em LOL, then ask what kind of soap they use, Soap Nuts? LOL

Hiya Paulie! Take orders. I'll fill 'em! Hahaha :D
Howdy Zany_in_CO, Oh I will be taking orders once I get my first check LOL. I'll look to you if I need help filling 'em ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think that's true -- there are likely many syndets on store shelves. Your store shampoos are all syndets.

Right?!, I only make lye soap I'll tell 'em LOL, then ask what kind of soap they use, Soap Nuts? LOL

Howdy Zany_in_CO, Oh I will be taking orders once I get my first check LOL. I'll look to you if I need help filling 'em ;)

I know you were only joking but have you ever thought of making soap with soap nuts infused water? Could be an interesting experiment to try sometime. Iv got some soap nuts for my washing machine i like them. Just got some vinegar to make my own household surface and glass cleaner and ill be trying it as a fabric softener at some point too

Thanks for looking. LOL

well that makes it easy :)

I know you were only joking but have you ever thought of making soap with soap nuts infused water? Could be an interesting experiment to try sometime. Iv got some soap nuts for my washing machine i like them. Just got some vinegar to make my own household surface and glass cleaner and ill be trying it as a fabric softener at some point too
Hi Chris_S, no, I've never even seen Soap Nuts, just heard about them. Glad you like them though :)

Hi Chris_S, no, I've never even seen Soap Nuts, just heard about them. Glad you like them though :)

I bought some in an attempt to reduce the amount of plastic wastage. Also making my on household cleaner to try avoid nasty chemicals and again reduce plastic even got glass bottle for them. We as a species are very very wasteful so im trying to change personal bad habits :)

Back