Galaxy, Nebula, Deep Space Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m finally done with a large order of deep space soap for a friend who works at NASA. She was excited about this soap I made for her a couple of years ago and wanted me to make the soap last year, but didn‘t ask until Dec. This year she asked me in July. I told her I could do it as long as she didn’t expect the batches to be the same. 😉 That gave me the leeway to try some new things, like adding grated salt soap for stars, which I won’t do again because it looks like stearic spots (#1), adding TD stars, using different proportions of colors and different color schemes. All of the batches were made in a slab mold, except #4, which was made in a T&S loaf mold. The simple ITP swirl with an embed in a loaf mold was the easiest batch to make, by far, but to me the feel is not quite like the others (or is that just in my head?). I hope you like them!
D206AC5E-F89F-4425-8157-F9CCEEDC35BC.jpeg
06C850A4-CF66-4AC1-89E5-864E17B184CF.jpeg
CCC0EED5-15A5-4D62-9209-9FCE08A198F1.jpeg
32A4FB64-DC42-49EC-B760-422BB7DB242F.jpeg

61B94D27-EDCE-464E-834A-3735B1A2AACC.jpegDDCCEA66-74FC-4678-91E3-F39AC2554FC1.jpeg

They are all soooo gorgeous. My favourites are two and three. Two because i love the stars ( how did you do those ones?) and three because of the colours and the milky way effect you have achieved. But all are absolute winners. She will be ecstatic!

Thank you so much @AliOop @Jersey Girl @dibbles and @KiwiMoose ❤️ I’ve been obsessing about little things, but I feel better now 🙂

Most of the little white spots are spattered TD that was dispersed in water. Interestingly, they seem to have more or less fused with the soap. I lightly polished one of the spattered bars with a microfiber cloth and the spots didn’t budge. I’m thinking about trying to use M&P with Ecoglitter to add some sparkly stars to the last batch. One bar already has some air bubble holes on the top so I think it’s worth a try. ✨

I’m finally done with a large order of deep space soap for a friend who works at NASA. She was excited about this soap I made for her a couple of years ago and wanted me to make the soap last year, but didn‘t ask until Dec. This year she asked me in July. I told her I could do it as long as she didn’t expect the batches to be the same. 😉 That gave me the leeway to try some new things, like adding grated salt soap for stars, which I won’t do again because it looks like stearic spots (#1), adding TD stars, using different proportions of colors and different color schemes. All of the batches were made in a slab mold, except #4, which was made in a T&S loaf mold. The simple ITP swirl with an embed in a loaf mold was the easiest batch to make, by far, but to me the feel is not quite like the others (or is that just in my head?). I hope you like them!
View attachment 69526
View attachment 69527
View attachment 69528
View attachment 69529

View attachment 69531View attachment 69530
These are absolutely sensational! Well done!

Thank you @KDP and @mx5inpenn❤️

@mx5inpenn I also love the one with the embed! It’s a design I would add to a product lineup if I was selling on a regular basis.

In case anyone is interested, my goal was to capture the feeling of the deep space images coming from the new James Webb Space Telescope that was launched in 2021. They’re spectacular!
Here are some examples:

Heart of the Phantom Galaxy
043F94DE-3AAE-4D01-9A04-089F5C0CDE74.jpeg

Inner Orion Nebula
D905C3DD-B2AC-4DBB-A720-BE8C1DBA62E8.jpeg

Cartwheel Galaxy
32CF04DE-B549-4D53-AED3-69C4524600A1.jpeg

Thank you @KDP and @mx5inpenn❤️

@mx5inpenn I also love the one with the embed! It’s a design I would add to a product lineup if I was selling on a regular basis.

In case anyone is interested, my goal was to capture the feeling of the deep space images coming from the new James Webb Space Telescope that was launched in 2021. They’re spectacular!
Here are some examples:

Heart of the Phantom Galaxy
View attachment 69550

Inner Orion Nebula
View attachment 69551

Cartwheel Galaxy
View attachment 69552
You're welcome :) The Orion has always been my favorite.

Latest posts

Back