gag gift

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've shared before about my brother-in-law. We are great friends -- and completely different from one another. It was quite a surprise that he is completely into my soap and lotion bars and has specific feedback and requests. He is definitely not someone you'd expect would care about bath products. I also blush easily -- and his language and stories are more, how should I put it, off-color and blue. My soap gifts to him are done curing and we'll travel to see him and my sis this week.
20220320_161204.jpg20220320_161236.jpg
The 'face' one has clay and scented with bergamot and cedarwood. The other one is lavender -- and I thought he would appreciate the pink and glitter and swirls. ;)

My BIL ran his own construction company, massive gear head. I've only seen him not wear jeans once...in a picture...in 1978. Sister told him he couldn't get married in jeans so he bought a pair of dark blue khakis, only wore them once.

He LOVES my Chocolate Espresso Soap. Let's me know when he's down to his last two bars so I have time to make him another loaf.

Surprise for me was finding out my sister was using my soap. She's been using the same expensive brand of soap for years now, something recommended by her dermatologist...she has skin allergies. It's not even soap, it's a 'cleansing bar'; it has 34 ingredients and I only recognize maybe six of them. So she has several bars of my soap because she likes the smell of them and one day she went to shower and she was out of 'soap' so her hubby handed her one of mine. I only found out because she ran out of my soap.

My BIL ran his own construction company, massive gear head. I've only seen him not wear jeans once...in a picture...in 1978. Sister told him he couldn't get married in jeans so he bought a pair of dark blue khakis, only wore them once.

He LOVES my Chocolate Espresso Soap. Let's me know when he's down to his last two bars so I have time to make him another loaf.

Surprise for me was finding out my sister was using my soap. She's been using the same expensive brand of soap for years now, something recommended by her dermatologist...she has skin allergies. It's not even soap, it's a 'cleansing bar'; it has 34 ingredients and I only recognize maybe six of them. So she has several bars of my soap because she likes the smell of them and one day she went to shower and she was out of 'soap' so her hubby handed her one of mine. I only found out because she ran out of my soap.
Lol! My sis and BIL have been together for forever but just got married just days before the shutdown in 2020 in Las Vegas. BIL looked super sharp in brand new blue jeans and cowboy boots. Also first time i saw him without his threadbare baseball cap.

Lol! My sis and BIL have been together for forever but just got married just days before the shutdown in 2020 in Las Vegas. BIL looked super sharp in brand new blue jeans and cowboy boots. Also first time i saw him without his threadbare baseball cap.

Oh yeah...I forgot about that. No baseball cap either.

I have a SIL like that. Whenever I hear Neil Diamond's "Forever in Blue Jeans" I think of him. 😂

@Zing I would have been giggling my head off while making those soaps. What fun you must have had...

Latest posts

Back