Future primitive soap co on Youtube

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hang on a minute. You have quoted me and I have said nothing bad about you or your recipe. I have said It could be a little complicated for me as a new to the game person. What is wrong with that? I don’t want a magic anything. I’m trying to understand what is a complicated game. If you dont want to help don't bother. I’ll make my own way I’m not going to beg you or anyone else for anything.

I have not belittled you in any way, shape or form. And even though you were a total jerk when someone recommended using my recipe to give you the quality that you were wanting "Yeah it probably will but it will be flippin expensive with all those oils I can't just get off the shelf. Also it is probably more complicated for someone of my skill level." I still tried to be help by explaining that I wasn't buying in bulk, I was ordering all but two items, what my costs were for a pound of soap and exactly how I made it.

And here you are again: "Does anyone know her recipe by any chance? I am certain if I followed her step by step with her recipe I can't really fail to make soap as lovely as hers". What you want is a magic recipe and there is none; a hundred soapers can use the same exact recipe with the same exact ingredients and you are going to get a hundred different soaps because of the human factor, and a majority of that is simply experience.

hang on a minute. You have quoted me and I have said nothing bad about you or your recipe. I have said It could be a little complicated for me as a new to the game person. What is wrong with that? I don’t want a magic anything. I’m trying to understand what is a complicated game. If you dont want to help don't bother. I’ll make my own way I’m not going to beg you or anyone else for anything.

Are you two done? Normally I'd let this ride but since the both of you are relatively new, maybe you two should agree to squash the issue.

Gecko, you are in Oregon, right? There are ingredients that you can get for a way better price than what I can here in NY. There are some ingredients that are EXPENSIVE in the UK that we can get for a fair price in the US. Maybe you're not trying to belittle it but Soulboy being concerned about the price of his materials is totally legit and should not be used as a negative in this spat.

Soulboy, it does seem like you want a magic recipe; you won't get YOUR magic recipe(s) without some work. Keep watching the videos but make a tally of how much you want to spend on the most viable and affordable oils for you. If I haven't before, I encourage you to play around with a soap calculator and try to learn the different properties of different oils and fats. Since you are interested in designs, think about what colorings you may want to use and ask questions when you need to. I do advise you to search the forums, however. Much of the time, the questions we have can be answered on a older thread (just don't post on anything older than 6 months to be safe).

Are you two done? Normally I'd let this ride but since the both of you are relatively new, maybe you two should agree to squash the issue.

Yes. Thank you for the reminder.

Gecko, you are in Oregon, right? There are ingredients that you can get for a way better price than what I can here in NY. There are some ingredients that are EXPENSIVE in the UK that we can get for a fair price in the US. Maybe you're not trying to belittle it but Soulboy being concerned about the price of his materials is totally legit and should not be used as a negative in this spat.

Regarding prices in Oregon vs New York...I shop at Bramble Berry, Nurture Soap, Be Scented, Rustic Escentuals, Amazon and the Dollar Store. I only recently started buying Olive Oil at Costco (3 cases) and will purchasing Coconut Oil.

I understood his concern which is why I had suggested alternatives and the names of two local soapers in the UK who often talk about where they get their ingredients.

I’ll tell you what though mate whoever you are I don’t think I have ever come across a forum that has as many up themselves people then there is on here. I’m on several shaving forums and I have never been spoken to the way I have on here by some people. I have always given my help freely and without malice to anyone that wanted it. There are some lovely helpful people on here but there are a few who seem to be mad keen on belittling newbies like myself. If it makes you feel good I hope you enjoyed yourself. Knock yourself out buddy. I’m big enough and ugly enough to take it.

Hi Soulboy- I'm not sure whether or not if you have read our sticky, SMF Culture and Tone located in the Announcements/Rules section? If not, doing so will go a long way in helping to explain why certain types of posts tend to elicit what might look like to be 'uppity' replies, but in all actuality may be the exact opposite of what was intended.

I write this advice not only to you, but to anyone reading this: Before choosing to react, take a step back and give folks the benefit of the doubt. We have some of the nicest, most helpful folks here from all over the world. In a sense, joining a forum is a lot like travelling to a foreign country......it helps if one is able to get the lay of the land and understand its language and customs/mores first before choosing to take offense.

IrishLass :)

Hi Soulboy- I'm not sure whether or not if you have read our sticky, SMF Culture and Tone located in the Announcements/Rules section? If not, doing so will go a long way in helping to explain why certain types of posts tend to elicit what might look like to be 'uppity' replies, but in all actuality may be the exact opposite of what was intended.

I write this advice not only to you, but to anyone reading this: Before choosing to react, take a step back and give folks the benefit of the doubt. We have some of the nicest, most helpful folks here from all over the world. In a sense, joining a forum is a lot like travelling to a foreign country......it helps if one is able to get the lay of the land and understand its language and customs/mores first before choosing to take offense.

IrishLass :)
Thank you for your reply @IrishLass. I can honestly assure you I am fully au fait with internet forums and their peculiarities. I know there are always a few levels of participants. Noobies, mid level and expert members and I know that we all hide behind internet personnas and keyboards from which ever country you may be in and that as such people feel free to say things in type they would never dare say to someone's face, I also know 99% of people just want to get on and help each other, that leaves the 1% though. That 1% is on every forum be it Cars, Guitars, Clothes..Anything. In the wet shaving community in which I am very active I'm a long standing member and one of the 99%. I always give my help and advise freely to Anyone who wants it. Now, I am fully aware that soap making for some is a way of making a living. I also know that they rely upon their recipies to give them an edge over any competition and as such they will probably keep things to themselves to a large extent. I'm cool with that, I'm not one of those people however, I just want to make a little bit of soap with a nice colour pattern and with a nice fragrance to use in the shower. Lots of people have helped me and I am really grateful for that help. I'm not looking for a Magic recipe, I'm not looking to open a store and become a soap millionaire either. So as a newbie it is inevitable I will ask questions some members will think dumb or that I am trying to steal their trade secrets to sell to the Russians. I'm not it's part of learning a new hobby to be inquisitive. If someone gives me their knowledge I'm always going to be eternally grateful for them sharing their experience. I am always polite and courtious in my dealings with people but if I think someone is being a little strong then I will defend myself, that is only natural. Again I thank you for your reply, next time it happens I'll count to ten and breath deeply before hitting the keys. Cheers.

A416655C-EB1E-4703-9C02-B85D72B54B19.jpeg
I watched a bunch of the videos and gave the chopstick twirl a try. My colors are not so original but I was really happy with the way the soap came out

I LOOOOOOOVE Future Primitive soaps designs! I love her chatting during the videos and how shes moved into her own soap making space over the years and everything. She is brilliant!

I don't think that anyone thought you wanted to steal her recipe. Its just that people who do sell often spend years and a lot of money perfecting a recipe so they don't share.

My basic recipe is slow moving and fairly cheap to make.
You can replace the olive with avocado, sunflower, safflower or whatever high oleic liquid oil you prefer.
I use safflower as its dirt cheap and makes good soap. I'd prefer sunflower but its crazy expensive here.

Lard 50%
Coconut 25%
Olive 20%
Castor 5%

This recipe is *very* close to my basic recipe (I use a little less coconut oil, and a little more olive) and I agree - it is slow moving, inexpensive, and makes a very nice bar. I get a boost in lather by using a milk for 1/2 the water.

@Soulboy1973 - if you start with this recipe you can tweak it to your tastes if you want, but it's a very nice recipe as is. @Obsidian - very nice of you to share!

For the ones I checked on her website, the soap ingredients are coconut, palm, olive, sunflower and cocoa butter as base oils. My guess is that the cocoa butter is 10% or less.
I heard her say in one of her videos that she uses 2% cocoa butter as superfat. She also said that her INS number is very close to 160.

Back