Future primitive soap co on Youtube

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulboy1973

Reaction score
I was recommended this channel and am completely in awe of Tiggy and her soap making. she makes it all seem so flipping easy, I love her designs, they look so simple to achieve and always seem to turn out great. Does anyone know her recipe by any chance? I am certain if I followed her step by step with her recipe I can't really fail to make soap as lovely as hers, she is really talented. Thanks.

I seriously doubt she shares her recipes. Her company depends on those recipes, you don't just give them away.

You should be able to use any slowish recipe and follow along with her designs.

Yeah @Obsidian, I totally get that and knew it was a long shot and didn't really expect to get her exact recipe. A slow moving recipe would be good enough.

Actually even if you follow her recipe step by step you could logically fail. We all have our own techniques. I can do side by side batches the same everything and if I miss a tad on the temp when using, one of my cranky fo's the batch will fail while the other one will work. Even the way you twist the hand versus the way she twists her hand can make a big difference with the swirl. It is not hard to reverse engineer a soap recipe, but it is next to impossible to know just how the soaper soaped it.

Adding to what Obsidian mentioned above, she also spent a lot of money having her recipes approved so she could take them to market.

Hey! I seem to be a little misunderstood here. I'm not nor am ever going to be a commercial soaper. I soap for my own pleasure only. I have zero ambition to make a single cent from my soap making. It's for washing my own bits and pieces. I'm not wanting to steal anything from anyone, nor wanting to take food from any business persons table. Let's get this compltely clear here so we all know where we stand. I'm taking nothing to market ever!!!

I was recommended this channel and am completely in awe of Tiggy and her soap making. she makes it all seem so flipping easy, I love her designs, they look so simple to achieve and always seem to turn out great. Does anyone know her recipe by any chance? I am certain if I followed her step by step with her recipe I can't really fail to make soap as lovely as hers, she is really talented. Thanks.
I just watched a couple of her videos. She seems very down to earth. She makes those softly spooned tops with high contrast colors that I’ve been trying to replicate, so thanks for posting about her. For the ones I checked on her website, the soap ingredients are coconut, palm, olive, sunflower and cocoa butter as base oils. My guess is that the cocoa butter is 10% or less. She also mentioned in one of the videos that she cut the water way back in her recipes compared with what she used earlier in her soap making history. The behavior of the batter looked “normal” for swirling and consistent with the advice above. As cmzaha mentions, you will have fails, but it gets less common as you gain experience. Soap on!

Hey! I seem to be a little misunderstood here. I'm not nor am ever going to be a commercial soaper. I soap for my own pleasure only. I have zero ambition to make a single cent from my soap making. It's for washing my own bits and pieces. I'm not wanting to steal anything from anyone, nor wanting to take food from any business persons table. Let's get this compltely clear here so we all know where we stand. I'm taking nothing to market ever!!!

I don't think that anyone thought you wanted to steal her recipe. Its just that people who do sell often spend years and a lot of money perfecting a recipe so they don't share.

My basic recipe is slow moving and fairly cheap to make.
You can replace the olive with avocado, sunflower, safflower or whatever high oleic liquid oil you prefer.
I use safflower as its dirt cheap and makes good soap. I'd prefer sunflower but its crazy expensive here.

Lard 50%
Coconut 25%
Olive 20%
Castor 5%

Than
I don't think that anyone thought you wanted to steal her recipe. Its just that people who do sell often spend years and a lot of money perfecting a recipe so they don't share.

My basic recipe is slow moving and fairly cheap to make.
You can replace the olive with avocado, sunflower, safflower or whatever high oleic liquid oil you prefer.
I use safflower as its dirt cheap and makes good soap. I'd prefer sunflower but its crazy expensive here.

Lard 50%
Coconut 25%
Olive 20%
Castor 5%
Thank you.

:thumbs: No, in the UK recipes have to go through testing required by the Government, pardon my memory, but the term escapes me at the moment and approved before they can sell. They are limited to how many tweaks they can do before they have to apply again. It is very expensive for UK sellers. Somewhere here will supply the word. My coffee has not woken up my brain yet. :p We have it very easy here to sell they do not.

ETA: the have to hire government-approved assessors. Knew I would think of the work :rolling:

Last edited:
Thats correct. I buy shaving soap from U.S Artisans who basically make it, put it in a tub and sell it. Here in the U.K due to European regulations every soap has to go through stringent testing before sale at a government approved testing facility. If it passes you can sell that recipe but not alter it in any way, every separate recipe has to be tested and it is expensive to carry out. Therefore recipes are guarded a little closer

I don't think you are trying to steal anyone's recipe, but I am puzzled by the fact that you have been given several good recipes already and they don't appear to be 'good enough' for you as you pursue YouTube soapers. If YouTube fame is a requirement, well Royalty Soaps, Soy and Shea, Constance Wang, Yvonne, and Tree Marie Soapworks all share their soap recipes. Tree Marie has some great technique videos.

I’m not saying any recipe I have been kindly given by generous members isn’t good enough. I’m sure they are all good enough for anybody it’s just that A. I’m new to this and B. I‘m new to this. I am eager to learn. My head is spinning. I’ll tell you what though mate whoever you are I don’t think I have ever come across a forum that has as many up themselves people then there is on here. I’m on several shaving forums and I have never been spoken to the way I have on here by some people. I have always given my help freely and without malice to anyone that wanted it. There are some lovely helpful people on here but there are a few who seem to be mad keen on belittling newbies like myself. If it makes you feel good I hope you enjoyed yourself. Knock yourself out buddy. I’m big enough and ugly enough to take it.

Wow, I can't imagine having to go through all that in order to sell! Not that I have any intention of selling anytime soon, if ever... But it's nice to know that so long as I stay out of the "cosmetic" category here in the US, it's all good.

But I totally get why you would be interested in the recipes of people you watch on YouTube. I'm watching a Future Primitive video right now, and her pour was so creamy and luscious looking! There's something about watching people work that makes me say, "I want to do that!"

You can figure out (I believe) a close approximation of her recipe if you look at some of her older videos. There's one about a coffee soap competition, in which she gives a recipe. And then, in other videos, she casually lists her ingredients and says she superfats her recipe with 2% cocoa butter (which she doesn't calculate in soap calc - she just adds). I've tried what I think is her recipe, and it's a nice soap, just a little drying for my skin....although, because I'm largely guessing at the percentages, I could be off on some.

And yes, as stated earlier, looking at her ingredients on her site, and reverse engineering, will also help a lot.

I’m not saying any recipe I have been kindly given by generous members isn’t good enough. I’m sure they are all good enough for anybody it’s just that A. I’m new to this and B. I‘m new to this. I am eager to learn. My head is spinning. I’ll tell you what though mate whoever you are I don’t think I have ever come across a forum that has as many up themselves people then there is on here. I’m on several shaving forums and I have never been spoken to the way I have on here by some people. I have always given my help freely and without malice to anyone that wanted it. There are some lovely helpful people on here but there are a few who seem to be mad keen on belittling newbies like myself. If it makes you feel good I hope you enjoyed yourself. Knock yourself out buddy. I’m big enough and ugly enough to take it.

I have not belittled you in any way, shape or form. And even though you were a total jerk when someone recommended using my recipe to give you the quality that you were wanting "Yeah it probably will but it will be flippin expensive with all those oils I can't just get off the shelf. Also it is probably more complicated for someone of my skill level." I still tried to be help by explaining that I wasn't buying in bulk, I was ordering all but two items, what my costs were for a pound of soap and exactly how I made it.

And here you are again: "Does anyone know her recipe by any chance? I am certain if I followed her step by step with her recipe I can't really fail to make soap as lovely as hers". What you want is a magic recipe and there is none; a hundred soapers can use the same exact recipe with the same exact ingredients and you are going to get a hundred different soaps because of the human factor, and a majority of that is simply experience.

Latest posts

Back