Furbaby Friday (My poor pup)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
So my puppy had to have surgery on Tuesday because she had a locked knee (common in little dogs) but it was locked at an angle, and because of that she also ended up with a torn ACL.

She is now on the mend and hates her little cone of shame!
Took her until this morning to start eating regularly again too.

:(

what about y'all? You have a furbaby story for today?
20190305_170831.jpg

Feel free to post pics in this thread (even if the non-human babies have no fur!!)

Oh bless her, poor baby - have you tried the medical pet shirt type things you can get for leg wounds? Much better than the lampshade which our shih tzu refused to wear!

No, she pretty much just kicks the cone of with her front paws and we watch her to not lick/pick at the wound.
She's a little oven/space heater and I think if I put a shirt or anything like that on her, even a light one, she would over heat.
She is doing so much better today than any day since she had the surgery. I was getting worried because she absolutely refused to eat or drink the first full day after, then slowly started drinking but still refused to eat anything other than a treat or 2 here and there. Finally, we soaked her food and made it all soft and she gobbled it right up.

Oh, poor baby. I'm glad she seems to be doing better. Also, she is really cute!

The snow is so deep, my poor dog is having a hard time lifting his leg or squatting to take care of business. It's up past his tummy - and he's a lab! Small beans compared to what your pupper is dealing with, but still...

Oh poor love - what breed is she?

Our Jo refused to eat her first day post surgery but started to eat a little fresh chicken or salmon (no shes not spoilt!) but I do think the anestethic (?) takes a few days to work through their systems.

I know what you mean about heat, you do have to balance it - have they said how long healing is likely to be?

ouch!! animals have a way of getting those stitches out, watch her careful. I even had a filly who had to have stitches on her upper leg and she chewed the stitches out and of course opened up the wound

Oh, poor baby. I'm glad she seems to be doing better. Also, she is really cute!

The snow is so deep, my poor dog is having a hard time lifting his leg or squatting to take care of business. It's up past his tummy - and he's a lab! Small beans compared to what your pupper is dealing with, but still...
Our snow isn't that deep, but because she's little it's deep for her. LOL
Amazingly enough even without much food or water, her potty routine has remained in tact, and the vet is super happy with that!

Oh poor love - what breed is she?
Our Jo refused to eat her first day post surgery but started to eat a little fresh chicken or salmon (no shes not spoilt!) but I do think the anestethic (?) takes a few days to work through their systems.
I know what you mean about heat, you do have to balance it - have they said how long healing is likely to be?
She's a Maltese and was the runt of the litter. She's 5 (in May) and until about a year ago, was only about 4.5 lbs, but in the last year to 18 months has gained a bit and is now up to 6lbs.
They said full recovery could take up to 8 weeks. They don't want her running, jumping or doing stairs for that long anyway. She starts her physical therapy next week. (she's going to HATE that!)

LOL - I moved into my second bedroom after my furry baby was recovering from a paralysis tick 'cause the bed was lower for her. Still there over 12 months further on. Hope she's feeling better soon.

So my puppy had to have surgery on Tuesday because she had a locked knee (common in little dogs) but it was locked at an angle, and because of that she also ended up with a torn ACL.

She is now on the mend and hates her little cone of shame!
Took her until this morning to start eating regularly again too.

:(

what about y'all? You have a furbaby story for today?View attachment 37322
Feel free to post pics in this thread (even if the non-human babies have no fur!!)

Oh Owwieeee, that looks like, "keep me wacked out with something, that's an order." Poor babyyyy, but will be so much better when the leg gets put right. Dang. How are things now?

I'm on my phone and have fat fingered the like/quote button twice tonight, so if quotes with nothing else show up posted by me, i apologize. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor baby, hope she's doing better daily. She's a cutie. I have two dogs one weight about 6 lbs the other 18lbs. I'll try to post pictures later after work. They are my babies. One supposedly tore her ACL but after being 3 legged for a couple weeks she started walking on it. I had surgery scheduled and ended up cancelling it as the next thing we knew she started running and jumping, walking like normal. I think someone wanted my money. I'm glad we waited as I wanted to take a few days off to be with her. It's been a bit now and she's still fine. running with my other dog like nothing happened.

Thanks, she's actually doing much better, and already putting weight on the leg. It is still a bit sore, but she's down to only taking her puppy ibuprofen and the antibiotic, she's completely off the puppy pain pills.
She goes in for her first physical therapy session on Friday.
Since I will hopefully be on a boat on a cruise, my son will take her and get the lowdown on how well it went.

Poor baby! OUCHIE!

I have dogs pics I'll share, you don't even have to ask. Appologiessss to those who are FB friends with me and see these dogs daily. :wink:

First is Buddy. He is a Treverun Belgian Shepherd dog, 8 or 10 years old, an abandond border patrol dog. I hope the person who left him in the desert starving and with out water dies in a prison cell of cancer.

Attachments

• IMG_2236.jpg
    IMG_2236.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 9
And Juniper. She’s what I call a pre rescue. I bought her from some traveler kids before she could be gotten by someone else or treated badly, she’s from Louisiana and just turned two. I’ve had her since she was 8 weeks old.

Attachments

• 846942D7-12F3-4CEA-8026-76B0A6EAA261.jpeg
    846942D7-12F3-4CEA-8026-76B0A6EAA261.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 8
Our Ocho had a torn ACL (same knee as your pup's, @jcandleattic ). It was repaired right before Christmas. He's a strong and athletic pit bull, so we were worried about keeping him calm and quiet enough long enough to let the repair heal. The vet was really stern with us about keeping him under control for the first 8-10 weeks. He did surprisingly well with leash walking and limited activity, and has now graduated to more or less normal activity. But he still favors that leg and sometimes limps a bit if he overdoes. It's a long slow process, I guess.

P1020059 1200.jpg

Thanks for the pics Maya, and DeeAnna, glad your pup is on the mend.

My little little girl is on the mend too, going on slow 5 minute walks and she's using her leg more often than not, but she does wear out quickly and starts to either limp or lift it. We are also doing massages and special exercises to help he get stronger. :)

Back