Funny but True!!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

OK, I am not in the habit of being critical about someone else's soapmaking.....but....I went to a community flea market over the weekend and there was a guy there selling "homemade" soap...or I guess that is what is was. It was brownish...and a bit crumbly. His labels touted them as natural. Honestly, they looked like CP gone wrong. They were so dry..like they had too much lye in them.

But this is the thing, he was taking his essential oils and rubbing them on the OUTSIDE of the soaps to make them seem like they were scented.

The scary part...people where BUYING THEM! $6 a bar.

he must have either had a kick butt display or been really hot, which was it :wink: ?

to bad you didn't set up shop right next to him, you could have sold your yummmy quality bars for twice that !!!!

Funny...but true

Tabitha said:
he must have either had a kick butt display or been really hot, which was it :wink: ?

Okay, he was hot...but not very bright.

oceanmember said:
But this is the thing, he was taking his essential oils and rubbing them on the OUTSIDE of the soaps to make them seem like they were scented.

If he was rubbing the EO directly on the bar and selling them...then that means people were/are using a product with DIRECT skin contact to EO... I'm prettttttty sure thats a bit on the unsafe side....

[/quote]
If he was rubbing the EO directly on the bar and selling them...then that means people were/are using a product with DIRECT skin contact to EO... I'm prettttttty sure thats a bit on the unsafe side....[/quote]

Yeah...my thoughts exactly. But he sold about eight bars while I was standing there. These women heard the words "natural" and "organic" and their wallets just fell open.

Geez!

Ugh. I believe I posted it in another thread... Natural is going to mean nothing one of these days, and I don't think a lot of people actually understand what "organic" really means... I DOUBT all of his ingredients were USDA Organic certified...

...much like vegan goat's milk soap & vegan beeswax based lip balm-NOT!

Back