Fun with mp!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
image.jpg
i decided I wanted to play and try mp, so I went to Michaels with a coupon and picked some up. It was definitely soothing to play and not be rushed, but is this stuff even soap?? Lol!

I plan to play with mp today too. I had a request for Batman soap from my oldest son. I love your colors! They remind me of summer.

Thank you, my son says it cheating!! I have to agree, to a point! It was fun, no pressure!
How do you mean cheating? As in you are using a base? That's not cheating. It's all soap, and M&P did at one point have to go through a CP type of process to become M&P. Just because you didn't do that part doesn't mean it's cheating.

How do you mean cheating? As in you are using a base? That's not cheating. It's all soap, and M&P did at one point have to go through a CP type of process to become M&P. Just because you didn't do that part doesn't mean it's cheating.
I 'get' what he means though! Kind of like buying salsa in a jar vs. making it yourself... it's still salsa, although it doesn't have as many of the personal touches that you would have added, having made it yourself!! I like being able to still have salsa even when I'm too busy to make it myself (expanding on the metaphor!)! It was fun, I enjoyed it. I found it to be stress relief!!

I 'get' what he means though! Kind of like buying salsa in a jar vs. making it yourself... it's still salsa, although it doesn't have as many of the personal touches that you would have added, having made it yourself!! I like being able to still have salsa even when I'm too busy to make it myself (expanding on the metaphor!)! It was fun, I enjoyed it. I found it to be stress relief!!
I don't know, I guess I just don't equate M&P as 'cheating' or not being "real" soap, which seems to be a common conception in the CP soaping community. There are people who can do things with M&P that I would never in a million years be able to do.
JMO though

There are people who can do things with M&P that I would never in a million years be able to do.
JMO though

I think it's amazing some of these melt and pour bars people are making. I, myself am going to be trying to make the cupcake soaps or birthday soaps with layers.... Very excited. Will post photos later on once I have some completed. I just got all my new supplies in. Yea!!! me.....

That soap is fantastic!! I've made mp for years and am getting into cp. I think they both have their advantages. Personally, I really love the beautiful stained glass and color effects you can get with mp!

I just actually made a batch of transparent clear melt and pour for an art project and it was a nervous feeling at first. I've wanted to try it hardcore method, lucky that I found this recipe from Good Earth Spa, Bonnie who explained it in detail. Can't wait to do the easy stuff now!

I view CP, HP and MP as different forms of art. You just can't do some of the things with CP and HP that you can do with MP (and visa versa).

Love seeing all the fun soaps!

@Laurabolyard Your scrap soaps remind me of something. Art pieces-Like "The Scream". Impressionist. Love them.

I'm going to confess to being one of those soapers who called M&P "cheating"... until I tried it in December. I was bound and determined that all of my embeds were going to be CP. A lot of work calculating for molds and batter and I always wound up with too much or not enough. I tried M&P as a project with my daughter in December... well... I no longer call it cheating. It's a lifesaver! So much time saved, and even if I do end up short, its not a big deal to melt a little bit more. I did switch to detergent free base though, just to make myself feel better about the "not really soap" part of it. hahaha The silly things we think when we really don't know better...

Latest posts

Back