Fuller's Earth

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It looks like my next mini-obsession will be clay. Yesterday I tried Dead Sea Mud (liked it, but it was in black soap, and curious to see how it feel after cure), and Rose Clay (not sure about this, it seemed to make the batter more opaque, but ended up spilling it out of the mold after CPOP'ing, so have to re-do).

I think I'm good for advice on most of them b/c there is so much info on here about them, but was wondering about Fuller's Earth, could not find much on it. Eg, is there much of an advantage, or any, in using instead of Kaolin?

Very interesting Isg I have used Fullers Earth in CP. I make a soap for my teenage niece that includes Bentonite clay, activated charcoal, neem, oatmeal and Fuller's Earth. I just give her the entire loaf, but then her brother wants some too. I also love including Fuller's Earth in a clay facial, but don't have a specific recipe.

OO, what little I can find on FE in soaping indicates that it is similar to Kaolin, ie; light, fluffy, non-stripping/drying. I guess I am wondering if there is really enough of a difference to even try using/testing it ....

I'm not sure that it would be that much different, I had it on hand and put some in my 'Teenage' bar, and my niece likes it, but don't know if there would be any difference between FF and Kaolin. I know kaolin is very inexpensive, an non stripping/drying and I've used it often.

Latest posts

Back