fugly coffee soap pics!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
ok so I lied. I had nothing else to do (can you believe laundry is caught up?) so I unmolded the soap.

I didn't cover it so there is ash (i think the color is ash related).

There is a crack. I picked it up when I took it out of the fridge and the crack was from me holding it weird. It was a silicone mold so I wasn't holding it super flat.

It did try to gel. I was hoping it would still fully gel in the fridge and not overheat but it didn't.

It still smells weird. To me, it smells like rancid milk. There's no milk in it. I wonder if it's the Tahitian vanilla fo? My daughter said it didn't stink but I sure think it does.

(btw, those target silicone molds are a dream to unmold. I only filled it half way...about 2 pounds. They don't look that big but from what I calculated they make around a 4 pound batch!)

It wins the fugly award in my house.

IMG_3071.jpg

The small pieces are the pieces I put in the silicone ice tray. That wasn't hard to unmold either. I didn't freeze it or anything, they just popped out.
It doesn't look too bad from this side.

IMG_3073.jpg

l was going to say the same thing, it looks good to me! l would just trim a little here and there, and l bet you anything the smell will be fine soon.

ooooo

i wanna use it!

i have yet to even receive all my ingredients to make my first batch of soap, but i'm already planning a device to shave off the unsightly edges on bars I don't care for. nothing extravagant, or anything. just one of those do-hickies with the wire that you push the soap through.

anyway, i like "not perfect," anyway :wink:

I love the color! I made a coffee soap a few months ago and it looked like that. It STUNK too! For awhile actually and then it calmed down. I'm sure as it cures it will smell better and the vanilla will take over. It really does work in the kitchen. I made mine unscented, but regretted it so I rebatched it with Autumn Harvest scent and I love it now. No onion smell for me!

I think it looks wonderful , a great scrubby bar for garden hands or greasy dirty hubby hands , or scrubbing heels etc .. Your mold is pretty cool too.

Kitn

I hope so, I'll let you know! I'm going to let it sit for a few days and cut it.

Bubbles Galore said:
Mmmm, it looks like chocolate fudge. :lol: I never worry about the way some of them smell at first.

I thought the same thing about the fudge. Looks good enough to eat :)

Rosey, I think the color is really nice and I love the speckles in it! I've been tempted to throw out soap that the scent almost sickened me but after it cures and the scent mellows & kind of transforms a little it takes on a new life and I'm always glad I didn't throw it out. You may be pleasantly surprised with your soap. I vote that it's a keeper :D

Latest posts

Back