Fruit powders

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niecee

Reaction score
So I recently tried making aloe mint soap with store bought aloe vera powder (not sure if there's a difference buying it in a craft store), addind the powder at thin trace everything went well, looked great. Until it went through gel phase. When I cut the first bar the smell was unbelievable I mean I can't even describe it. So I think I'll try it without going into gel phase.

I'm wondering now if other fruit powders would be the same?

I've made and used powder from Beetroot, Lemon, Mango, Pineapple and Papaya which don't smell beetroot faded to brown then grey if you're using it for colour. I've bought Spirulina powder and Hemp powder which doesn't smell.

I bought cranberry and blueberry before I knew about the discoloration in cp. I always wondered if you could infuse oils with them—then strain

I bought cranberry and blueberry before I knew about the discoloration in cp. I always wondered if you could infuse oils with them—then strain
I think you could infuse if heated in the oven on low for a few hours. This works very well with herbs.

I have used aloe powder before, but I reconstitute it with water (add to lye solution).
I haven't used other fruit powders, but wouldn't be very confident in what they do...

Back