Fruit Cake

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have a really good fruit cake recipe they are willing to share? My hubby really wants fruit cake and unfortunately, all my recipes are packed. I really would not mind a white fruit cake and a dark fruit cake recipe since I happen to like both. :) I know I can find many online but would really love someone's favorite family recipe. 😍 😍 I really don't want much, just your secret family recipe...;););)

The problem with this request is this- I have never officially made fruitcake on my own to have the right to share the recipe. I always made it with my mom or my grandma growing up (mom's was better because she had patience to bake low). If I can find the recipe printed somewhere, I'll post it here. Otherwise, I can also post a recipe for black cake (it's a Caribbean fruit cake but you should have started last year christmas to make it.)

I found the recipe book where our fruitcake recipe comes from. It was printed between 1950-69 and I'm afraid to handle it more than I did. I might have to to be thorough. I also might buy a copy if I can find it.

I found the recipe book where our fruitcake recipe comes from. It was printed between 1950-69 and I'm afraid to handle it more than I did. I might have to to be thorough. I also might buy a copy if I can find it.
Can I ask you what book, maybe I can find a copy. I had a recipe that came out of an old White House but I cannot find my book which I am sure it stored somewhere but is also so old the pages crumble.

Yes please. I have some of my grandmother's cookbooks and my hubby's great aunts but they are 70+ years old and I'm afraid to handle

Oh folks! I've thought I'm the only weird oddball who has underdeveloped cravings for cake contaminated decorated with apples, plums, tangerines, pineapple and rhubarb… Fruit by itself, mmmh! Cake alone (don't talk further). But please leave these two things apart!!!
It's so relieving to know that I'm not alone! 🥰🤗

(Sorry OP if this isn't exactly what you asked for. Please, take all my secret family recipes, and KEEP them for you!)

Can I ask you what book, maybe I can find a copy. I had a recipe that came out of an old White House but I cannot find my book which I am sure it stored somewhere but is also so old the pages crumble.
I'm sorry I didn't see this. The book our recipe is based on is the 1956 edition of a Betty Crocker cookbook.

Does anyone have a really good fruit cake recipe they are willing to share? My hubby really wants fruit cake and unfortunately, all my recipes are packed. I really would not mind a white fruit cake and a dark fruit cake recipe since I happen to like both. :) I know I can find many online but would really love someone's favorite family recipe. 😍 😍 I really don't want much, just your secret family recipe...;););)
I had a cake recipe, but I need to find it. :rolleyes:

Sorry I couldn't find the recipe :(

Back