Frosting amount

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxpupmeow

Reaction score
This is a very vague question, but I want to do a tired soap frosting and have the amazon purple 2lb recipe molds. What a good amount of soap frosting to have enough to cover my bars? I have looked all over for this!

I recently made a soap, I didn’t frost it but wanted a frosted look, which I made with a scraper. I calculated the recipe for the “frosting” based on the height I wanted it to have, and what percentage of the bar it would be. (Half or one third, a quarter, etc) then I multiplied that by the number of bars I usually get. For example, if my bars alone weigh 5 oz, and I wanted (for easy calculating) to have frosting that was about half on one bar, that meant I needed 2.50 oz of soap batter per bar. If I get 10 bars I multiplied 2.50 x 10 to get my total batch weight. I have a very deep water discount in my recipe, so for me it ended up being about 1 lb of oils recipe. If you want to compare total batch weight, you can see the recipes here. I used the same amazon mold, I believe. I had enough leftover for a small soap in a heart cavity mold. This is how they looked.

Attachments

• 8681A252-5864-4C96-81CC-02ED244CCE84.jpeg
    8681A252-5864-4C96-81CC-02ED244CCE84.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Back