From Nature With Love/Japan wax question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnez

What if I....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to order Japan Wax and From Nature With Love seems to be one of the few suppliers who carry it. $15 for 8 oz I can swing, but with $15 shipping.....just LOL.

My question is, is there anything you all get from FNWL that is particularly good or worthwhile?

Alternatively is there a better place to get Japan wax? Not a fan of using ebay/Etsy/Amazon for ingredients.

Last edited:
@Johnez, Steady on Cowboy! You can have my remaining 11 oz of Japan wax. This is also known as Sumac Wax, right? I have had it less than a year, and the shelf life is 3 years. I can mail it to you for free, your wife will thank me.
I bought it because it is very high in palmitic acid, and I was experimenting with being palm-free. I have since discovered that I don't need a whole lot of palmitic to make nice soap. I did my own research on that. It's on the second page of my "Lets talk fatty acids" thread. It came from Etsy, I know you said you don't like Etsy, but the price is less than FNWL and free shipping. You can see if you like it before you plonk down your hard-earned $$$. Hope you get this before you hit that button.

4 Oz JAPAN / SUMAC WAX Premium 100% Pure Cosmetic Grade - Etsy

They also have stearic acid which they claim is pure:
Ingredients: 100% Pure Stearic Acid Flakes with NO additives or carriers added. Bright white color. Texture is smooth and slightly brittle.

Are you asking us to enable you? Request granted. :)

Take a look at their Seabuckthorn fruit CO2 extract as a potentially luxe addition to your shave soaps.
Oooh sounds exotic. Checked it out, I'm surprised I've not seen it used more. Thanks!
@Johnez, Steady on Cowboy! You can have my remaining 11 oz of Japan wax. This is also known as Sumac Wax, right? I have had it less than a year, and the shelf life is 3 years. I can mail it to you for free, your wife will thank me.
I bought it because it is very high in palmitic acid, and I was experimenting with being palm-free. I have since discovered that I don't need a whole lot of palmitic to make nice soap. I did my own research on that. It's on the second page of my "Lets talk fatty acids" thread. It came from Etsy, I know you said you don't like Etsy, but the price is less than FNWL and free shipping. You can see if you like it before you plonk down your hard-earned $$$. Hope you get this before you hit that button.

4 Oz JAPAN / SUMAC WAX Premium 100% Pure Cosmetic Grade - Etsy

They also have stearic acid which they claim is pure:
Ingredients: 100% Pure Stearic Acid Flakes with NO additives or carriers added. Bright white color. Texture is smooth and slightly brittle.
Hello Shirley-D, thank you for the kind offer. I've already mashed the buy button unfortunately. Trying to get this stuff by next weekend considering I'm gonna have to wait on cure time and don't want to wait an extra week. And yes it should be the same as Sumac wax, I've seen both names used in the same listing.

I look forward to trying the stuff and replicating your experiment method b/w the S and P but for shave soap. It'd be real neat if there was an actual difference to note, as I recall in the beginning there was a notable difference, but with cure time those differences diminished. I am curious about slickness, cushion, and durability.

Sorry I wasn't faster with my offer @Johnez :oops: I can't keep up with all the threads these days.
Anyway, I'm excited to see how your experiment goes. Keep us posted, It's kinda fun. Makes me wish I had a scientific background.

Latest posts

Back