Friends near and far.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, Let me introduce myself. My name is Corky, I've been popping in, here and there to get inspiration and ideas for my side hustle. Let me explain, this last year My Hair studio has been shut down off and on. I decided early on that I would rather play it safe and just shut my doors with out the worry of long-term overhead. I have spent many hours learning, and making soap. I did this all through the SIP. I am happy to say that I just signed up for the yearly membership in this forum. SO this is my introduction. Im so new compared to the many that have made this a lifetime study and I have already learned so much just from quietly lurking on the sidelines without much interaction. I have just started selling my soap at a local farmers market and I do have one wholesale account. I hope you are all healthy and doing well.

Last edited:
Welcome, Corky. Lake county. Cool. Lovely area. It's been awhile since I have been to Middleton, and even since driving through Lake County. The last time was probably 3 years ago during the height of the fire season, along Hwy 20 to head back from my son's home on the Coast. Not one of my more pleasant trips around the lake, I have to admit. It's been even longer since I've been in the southern end of the county, but you're not too terribly far from Mustards Grill. Have you eaten there? It's one of Hubby's & my favorite places to eat in that part of the state.

Welcome, Corky. Lake county. Cool. Lovely area. It's been awhile since I have been to Middleton, and even since driving through Lake County. The last time was probably 3 years ago during the height of the fire season, along Hwy 20 to head back from my son's home on the Coast. Not one of my more pleasant trips around the lake, I have to admit. It's been even longer since I've been in the southern end of the county, but you're not too terribly far from Mustards Grill. Have you eaten there? It's one of Hubby's & my favorite places to eat in that part of the state.
Thank you Earlene! The fires have ravaged through our town and surrounding areas. Not looking forward to the fire season at hand, No rain and it will be a doozy! I have never been to the Mustards Grill, I will have to do some research and check it out!

Hi, Let me introduce myself. My name is Corky, I've been popping in, here and there to get inspiration and ideas for my side hustle. Let me explain, this last year My Hair studio has been shut down off and on. I decided early on that I would rather play it safe and just shut my doors with out the worry of long-term overhead. I have spent many hours learning, and making soap. I did this all through the SIP. I am happy to say that I just signed up for the yearly membership in this forum. SO this is my introduction. Im so new compared to the many that have made this a lifetime study and I have already learned so much just from quietly lurking on the sidelines without much interaction. I have just started selling my soap at a local farmers market and I do have one wholesale account. I hope you are all healthy and doing well.
Welcome :goodbye1:

Welcome.gif

Latest posts

Back