Fresh Yellow Tail

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yummy Yummy I am having fresh yellowtail tacos tonight. sure makes me miss my boat again, but not the bills. Fortunetly we still have a friend with a trailerable boat that loves to fish. SeaWolfe if you know any interested, he got into the yellowtail big time in the vicinity of the Ellen-Elly oil rig off Huntington. Four yellows over 25lbs each. Those will kick your butt...

Oh lordy they are STILL running? Its been a crazy crazy season for them. And Im so jealous! Have another taco for me :D

I just made some homemade strawberry ice cream - wanna trade?

Oh lordy they are STILL running? Its been a crazy crazy season for them. And Im so jealous! Have another taco for me :D

I would gladly trade but we ate it all. Didn't say he gave us a lot :lolno:
What I would give to be out there catching them, it has been quite a few years since I have heard of them being here so plentiful.

You know theres no reason we couldn't book a day boat out of OC or LB. Well, except the fishermen :p and the heads on those boats...

I used to fish a lot out of Dana Wharf Sportfishing when I lived in SoCal. One trip everyone was catching yellowtail. I decided to fish the bottom for calico bass since I was 7 months pregnant and didn't want to be fighting a fish on my belly...I caught a yellowtail...

They are really nailing the yellowtail already this season thanks to El Niño. I would think a red tide/s will start popping up soon.

I'm conflicted as to whether I want to see the pictures or not. I want to see it but I'm afraid I will only get hangry (my cooking skills are non-existent lol):think:

My eating skills on the other hand, are top-notch :grin:

Latest posts

Back