Fresh juice in a soap contra MSDS

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dredzik

Reaction score
Hi,
I've just registered here and hoping to get some answears for my wonders.

I would like make soap with fresh vegetable juice and try to sell it, but I wonder about paper work. I havent got set bussiness yet, but I'm looking into this.

First thing which worried me was that how I can get Safety Data Sheet for orange juice or carrot if I buy them from local farmer or organic wholefood shop? Has anyone making this way soap and selling it? I did ask assessment company two weeks ago, but still waiting for answear.
Also I'm using soapnuts but here again supplier swear that safety data sheet doesnt exist for this product, so do I need this MSDS for every ingredient to sell soap or not?

Thanks for help

I would call the assessment company to get a final answer.

My feeling is you don't need a MSDS for each ingredient to sell products. MSDS are typically used during manufacturing the product, so you can safely handle the ingredient. Customers won't be exposed to a single ingredient, but the finished product. And as a customer, I would never think to ask for a MSDS for soap.

Depending on the ingredients you may need an MSDS for each ingredient - the best person to confirm is an assessor. Who did you try?

You are right at the beginning of your soap journey, tbh I would wait until you had a solid recipe tried and tested over 6-12 months before you worry abut an assessment.

There is a Facebook page called Cosmetic Safety Assessments which will then give you a link to join a group for any questions and discussions. You could try there, it seems to be friendly:thumbs:

Latest posts

Back