Fresh Goatsmilk vs Evaporated

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I am wondering how Fresh goatsmilk used in place of water would differ from the evaporated variety. My brain says the evaporated has less water and might be more like using a cream. Would water need to be added to the evaporated or would it still work? Would the evaporated make a richer bar? Would it be more appropriate to use the fresh milk in place of the water and to add the evaporated at trace? I have seen some recipes that add the milk at trace. Is there more concern about scorching and the sugars with concentrated milks?

I also wonder about what If I simmered down goatsmilk or evaporated untill it turned into a cream. What would that do to a bar?

I had some of the fresh milk a few days ago I purchased for soap making... but it was too yummy.. now I just have the canned evaporated from Wal-Mart. Tehehe.

Thanks!

Oh, PS. I would like to make a batch of goatsmilk HP. What I have made so far is CP and the waiting is the hardest part!

~BB

I've often wondered the same thing. Common sense says the evaporated is going to have less water. I don't add anything to the amount of liquids when I use it, just substitute milk for part of the water.

Are you having a hard time with doing CP and goat milk? That's all I ever do. I would thing using the HP method would really burn the milk.

Maybe I will have to do some small test batches. I'd like to know if the evaporated or simmering down the evaporated till its like a cream would make a richer bar or just screw the whole thing up b/c of all the extra fat and less water.

I use only the canned and my goat milk soap is wonderful, even if I do say so myself. It's very creamy, yet not gooey, if that makes sense!

Evaporated GM has directions to 'reconstitute' it, usually equal parts water & GM.

If you were to soap full evaporated GM, I'm sure it would be very, very creamy!

JackiK said:
I use only the canned and my goat milk soap is wonderful, even if I do say so myself.

Jacki doesn't say it just by herself. I can state her GM soap is wonderful and my sister loves her soap.

Sniff...sniff...my sister likes Jacki's soap better than mine. :(

Hazel said:
JackiK said:
I use only the canned and my goat milk soap is wonderful, even if I do say so myself.

Jacki doesn't say it just by herself. I can state her GM soap is wonderful and my sister loves her soap.

Sniff...sniff...my sister likes Jacki's soap better than mine. :(

Aw, shucks :oops:

JackiK said:
I would thing using the HP method would really burn the milk.

Oh! But it doesn't have to!!! Back in 2005 I just had to go to the Hot Side with my milk soaps! I chose to use 100% Olive Oil and use 100% fresh, frozen, raw Jersey milk in my lye solution

You can see me progress here.

Back