Fresh Fruit into Lye Water?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BattleGnome

Reaction score
While cleaning out the freezer I found some blueberries that I had frozen into ice cubes for lemonade or iced tea. If I only just found them we probably aren't going to use them as ice cubes. Yes, I could (and probably will) melt them and use the blueberries separately (or eat them). As a hypothetical, could I add the blueberry ice cubes straight as my water portion r could I possibly add them separately to my hard oils while I'm melting them and make sure it's blended well?

I would thaw, blend until smooth then strain out any solid bits. Warning about blueberries, they will turn brown in soap.

Do they turn a brown that would over power mica? I can work with brown but if I can plan otherwise it would be nice

Pop them into a smoothie. ;)
They'll be much more useful that way. NaOH will eat away anything that's good in those berries.
Some soap companies get away with putting fruit etc into soaps by adding preservatives and by using MP.

The only "fresh" items I use in cp soap are pureed cucumber and aloe. I have used baby food carrots with good results. I would be hesitant to use blueberries in soap.

Latest posts

Back