Fresh Eggplant? What to do w/ it?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
I got a couple of organic eggplants this morning at farmer's market. Anyone have a great recipe? I have never cooked fresh eggplent. I generally buy it grilled & frozen & take it from there.

Tabitha said:
I got a couple of organic eggplants this morning at farmer's market. Anyone have a great recipe? I have never cooked fresh eggplent. I generally buy it grilled & frozen & take it from there.

Eggplant is excellent in Lentil soup.

I make Beef barley,lentil soup add all kinds of veggies to it and simmer it all day.The only beef in it is the broth,just for added flavor.It's more of a vegetable soup.Everything goes in it :)

When it's done I add just a touch of parmesion,or cheddar cheese on top. slice up a loaf of sourdough bread, Gotta have some dippin stuff.. and serve it.

Tomato broth is a great alternative as well.

Munky.

My FAVE thing to do it to cut them across (so they are circles) and add a slice of mozzarella, a couple of basil leaves and a slice of tomato. Put into the oven for about 20-30 min at ~350 degrees. YUM!!

Omg get/make some italian seasoned breadcrumbs... slice horizontal thinly (in discs) dip the raw eggplant in egg then in flour, then back in egg, then into the breadcrumbs...make up my marinara sauce recipe i gave to you and add some rigotta half way through. sautee the breaded eggplant in garlic and oil, then add the marinara sauce on top and mozzerella and parmasean cheese, put in the oven for like 8 mins on 400 and baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam! good stuff eggplant parmagana!

jettibo said:
My FAVE thing to do it to cut them across (so they are circles) and add a slice of mozzarella, a couple of basil leaves and a slice of tomato. Put into the oven for about 20-30 min at ~350 degrees. YUM!!

Im so with you on that one too :)

jettibo said:

ME TOO! I add a stale loaf of french bread, toss it in Italian dressing and let it get 'soggy' and add baked (I prefer cubed) eggplant and make it all like a salad. It's super yummy!

And.. I like to take portabello mushrooms and eggplant and marinate the slices like they are steaks, flash grill them, and it's a great veggie alternative for a main course.

Ian, I never made the dang sauce! All 10 pounds of tomatoes sat in my kitchen & rotted :evil: . I kept getting distracted & never got to it! The recipe is on the fridge door though. I was actualy thinking about it today.

Tabitha said:
Ian, I never made the dang sauce! All 10 pounds of tomatoes sat in my kitchen & rotted :evil: . I kept getting distracted & never got to it! The recipe is on the fridge door though. I was actualy thinking about it today.

well you got the eggplant!!! al you need is some cheese and breadcrumbs and you got a kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick ass eggplant parmagana...i love it, its such a light dish that leaves you soooo satisfied...mmmm

Back