fresh coffee grounds in soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Striderfreak72

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has put fresh coffee grounds in their soap before. Was wanting to try this out soon. :)

Yes, nice & scrubby but can leave a mess to clean up, esp if you use the bar in the tub, the grounds will float, stick to the sides of the tub & cause your husband to say bad words :lol: .

:lol: Tabitha :lol:

I put coffee grounds and make my lye solution out of coffee. Great kitchen soap, kills odors, but the brown drizzle off the soap takes a little getting used to. :)

I always dry out used coffee grounds and have no trouble with dripping brown soap.

Chris

I made a fabulous kitchen soap to get rid of garlic and onion odors from your hands.

It's got lots of coffee grounds for good scrubbing action, and has a strong tangerine fragrance. It was really unexpected at first, but now I love it! (And wish that I had written down the recipe :wink: ).

I've used it, and they can leave a mess but coffee grounds have been said to help remove odors on the skin so if that's the kinda soap you're looking for it's great to use.

A friend of mine is a salon owner and cosmetologist, and she uses my coffee soap after giving perms. It takes the stink right off her hands. :)

JumpinKaren said:
I made a fabulous kitchen soap to get rid of garlic and onion odors from your hands.

It's got lots of coffee grounds for good scrubbing action, and has a strong tangerine fragrance. It was really unexpected at first, but now I love it!

Tangerine smell? That's better then burned coffee smell. I noticed the bad smell when I mixed the lye water with instant coffee mix. So at trace, I tried to cover the bad smell with some peppermint EO - 10 drops. Also added more fresh coffee grounds for the little specks too.

I just cut them into bars earlier today and hoping the smell with disappear by the time it's cured. :wink:

I didn't mix coffee with the lye. I just added coffee grounds to the mix. The tangerine is the dominant scent, you barely smell the coffee. But it does seem to work well.

cambree said:
Tangerine smell? That's better then burned coffee smell. I noticed the bad smell when I mixed the lye water with instant coffee mix. So at trace, I tried to cover the bad smell with some peppermint EO - 10 drops. Also added more fresh coffee grounds for the little specks too.

I just cut them into bars earlier today and hoping the smell with disappear by the time it's cured. :wink:

It will be gone by the time it's cured. :)

I made some cinnamon coffee soap over the weekend. Smells wonderful, although the FO accelerated trace to a frantic pace. :lol:

Tabitha said:
Yes, nice & scrubby but can leave a mess to clean up, esp if you use the bar in the tub, the grounds will float, stick to the sides of the tub & cause your husband to say bad words :lol: .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JumpinKaren - Tangerine in coffee soap sounds wonderful!!

Digit

Back