Fresh Aloe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a ton of aloe plants. Today I accidentally broke one of the leaves and decided to save the aloe gel from it. It wasn't terribly hard to extract with a spoon, but it stayed in jelly-like masses that I couldn't break down.

What do you do with it in soap? Add it they way it is? Stick it in a blender?

Oh my gosh I have a lot of it LOL. None of them are terribly big plants as I keep them in containers. I presume that if I stuck them in the ground they might get huge. I actually just deconstructed one and planted all of them in their own starter pots. I mentioned to someone at work that I was probably gonna stick them at the end of my driveway "free to good home" LOL. But he suggested that I bring them in work instead, so I might do that, depending on if I feel like driving an hour to work with a bunch of aloe in tow.

Lucky you! I have to buy aloe leaves at the local winco. They aren’t expensive, but free would be so much nicer. 😂

I also get the stringy stuff that doesn’t break down in the food processor. I’ve heard that some folks leave the cut leaves upright in a glass overnight to drain out some undesired substance, but I don’t think fixes the stringiness. Hopefully someone else has a solution for that.

Its like the soap gods heard me (like Alexa). And a yt vid came out from Ellys everyday soap (??). Anyway, she demonstrates cutting and puree aloe with a sb, then freezing it in ice cube trays and using it instead of water.

Right now i am dealing with a sewer problem (non emergent, nothing gross going on here yet)....will try the aloe at a later date

Back