French macarons lotion bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josianeg

Reaction score
Yesterday I made my first lotion bars!

I used the silicon molds I made using real French macarons. ❤ I think this size is perfect for lotion bars or guest soaps.

8D8FB74D-B05A-42C4-B6C2-82FC528BD695.jpeg

E872C7A1-E93C-4BC4-AD30-3F2CF9B3C716.jpeg

I’m really happy about them. They don’t have too much drag and leave the skin hydrated but not oily or sticky.

I only wish they would melt a bit faster / at a lower temperature, because my boyfriend has “colder” skin and it was harder to get the bar to melt on his skin while giving him a back massage. If anyone has tips to give me in the recipes (the one I tried on him was the #2), that would be appreciated.

Recipe #1:
  • 1.2 oz Beeswax
  • 0.9 oz. Jojoba Oil
  • 0.7 oz Cocoa Butter
  • 0.4 oz. Mango Butter
  • 0.3 oz. Lavender infused Grapeseed Oil
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla was. oleoresin
  • 1/2 tsp Vitamine E oil
  • Pinch of MM Blue Moon mica

Recipe #2:
  • 1.2 oz Beeswax
  • 0.9 oz. Almond Oil
  • 0.7 oz kokum Butter
  • 0.4 oz. Cocoa Butter
  • 0.3 oz. Apricot kernel Oil
  • 1 tsp Vanilla ess. oleoresin
  • 1/2 tsp Vitamin

Last edited:
I love lotion bars - making and using -- and wish I knew about them years ago! They're super cheap and fast to make. My recipe is usually 1/3 each of a butter, coconut oil, beeswax. You can tweak your recipe and add more soft oils for your boyfriend.
Yours really are super cute and I'd be the one popping them into my mouth!

Thanks, now I'm hungry and very sad that I don't have macarons. Seriously, these are just too cute!

Oh my gosh, I’m sorry about this! I wish I could send you macarons, we have really good ones here in Montreal!

FEE487DB-A5BD-4B48-8802-283F5C27088D.png

Those I used to make the molds are from a bakery called “Point G” (G spot)... They’re THAT good! ❤️❤️

Oh my gosh, I’m sorry about this! I wish I could send you macarons, we have really good ones here in Montreal!

View attachment 50044
Those I used to make the molds are from a bakery called “Point G” (G spot)... They’re THAT good! ❤❤
This.. is not helping... I'm allergic to corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup, which is common in macarons over here, so I usually can't have them. But somehow Costco and Aldi's both had a limited supply of macarons earlier this year that didn't have those things. Thus came and went my brief encounter with macarons.😭

I used the silicon molds I made using real French macarons. ❤ I think this size is perfect for lotion bars or guest soaps.

View attachment 49987

View attachment 49988

I’m really happy about them. They don’t have too much drag and leave the skin hydrated but not oily or sticky.

I only wish they would melt a bit faster / at a lower temperature, because my boyfriend has “colder” skin and it was harder to get the bar to melt on his skin while giving him a back massage. If anyone has tips to give me in the recipes (the one I tried on him was the #2), that would be appreciated.

Recipe #1:
  • 1.2 oz Beeswax
  • 0.9 oz. Jojoba Oil
  • 0.7 oz Cocoa Butter
  • 0.4 oz. Mango Butter
  • 1/2 tsp Vitamine E oil

Recipe #2:
  • 1.2 oz Beeswax
  • 0.9 oz. Almond Oil
  • 0.7 oz kokum Butter
  • 0.4 oz. Cocoa Butter
  • 1/2 tsp Vitamin
I think your beeswax is a little too high, that’s why the draggy feeling. I would lower that a bit and increase maybe the butter.

I think your beeswax is a little too high, that’s why the draggy feeling. I would lower that a bit and increase maybe the butter.
Could be this and/or the combo of kokum and cocoa at those 3 amounts, because they're harder than other butters. Unless it's super hot where you are you don't need a lot of beeswax and those won't melt.

Did you try recipe one on him? If this isn't draggy on him then it's the kokum I think, you could maybe switch your butter amounts, or lower both a tad and add a bit more soft oil.

View attachment 49987

View attachment 49988

Recipe #1:
  • 1.2 oz Beeswax
  • 0.9 oz. Jojoba Oil
  • 0.7 oz Cocoa Butter
  • 0.4 oz. Mango Butter
  • 1/2 tsp Vitamine E oil

Recipe #2:
  • 1.2 oz Beeswax
  • 0.9 oz. Almond Oil
  • 0.7 oz kokum Butter
  • 0.4 oz. Cocoa Butter
  • 1/2 tsp Vitamin
They look Amazing, I bet they smell delicious too

Wow, those look just like real macarons! Making the mold from the real deal really got all the texture in there. I’m wanting to try lotion bars in a concha (Mexican sweet bread) mold I bought, but I think it’ll be too smooth to be mistaken for real bread.

Back