French green clay and hemp soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seawolfe

Reaction score
This is a repeat of a previous soap that turned out really nicely. It has 10 % hemp oil, French green clay, and ends up looking a bit like smooth stone. I tried a bit of jagged gold mica pencil lines, as well as glycerin and gold mica splashed on top. I'm embracing the soda ash on top to complete the stone look. If I stick with the stone idea, the air bubbles make sense :p

I doubled the batter to try out the new cube mold, and a new fragrance. Some of the cubes were scented with BB's sandalwood and clary sage FO, which seems ok, but I haven't fallen in love with it yet (sometimes these things take time). The other cubes and the loaf were scented with an EO mix of lavender, eucalyptus, grapefruit, rosemary and peppermint, and it smells lovely and fresh. I think it's my new favorite EO mix.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1412651741.967728.jpg

That's amazing; looks like it would feel like cold hard stone. Add a few more gold pencil lines and it would look the new stone they finally installed in our kitchen!

About your eo blend...why the grapefruit? Wouldn't it just disappear in 8 weeks?

I hope it works for you, that blend sounds marvelous! If it doesn't, maybe yuzu? Mine smells a lot like grapefruit but I haven't had a chance to experiment with it to see what it does.

Latest posts

Back