Freeze Avacado Puree?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcatblum

Reaction score
I have a few very ripe avocados. Can I freeze them & add them to my soap as I desire? I know bananas can be frozen & I have frozen guacamole. Just worried what the result of avocados would be.

My daughter and I froze avocado halves. We dipped them in lemon juice first to keep them from turning brown. I used to buy frozen avocado halves from The Schwan Co. until they quit handling them.

I made avo soap with frozen avocados. Ihad bought some super ripe avo but wasn't ready to make the soap yet. So i froze the avocado and they turned out good, I thought!

I do that with all the soaps I make with perishable ingredients. My freezer is full of quart freezer baggies of 'stuff'.

I froze the puree for avocado soap. I only just made it so I don't know how it feels used yet! I mashed them with a gloved hand and then mashed them through a strainer. With fresh avocados that were completely bright green, I found a small amount of tiny pinkish fibers in the strainer after the first straining, and nothing after the second. With some overripe avocados that had grey spots here and there, I found a good amount of fibers including some longer dark colored ones after straining twice, but on the third straining found nothing. So I will continue to use the strainer before soaping with avocado puree. The avocado is so soft, even just ripe not overripe, that its easy to mash with your hand and through the strainer. I didn't need a blender or anything stronger for it.

I added a teeny amount of water to thin out the avocado puree and then used the frozen cubes for complete water substitute to mix my lye in.

I put 1/2 tsp of lemon juice per avacado & puréed them in the blender.

Its going to turn brown from the lye, so I don't really bother messing with keeping it green before using in soap.

Back