Freaking out - where did all this come from???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigisiguenza

Reaction score
XSo I'm packing and sorting to move back to Reno, and as I make piles, I am realizing I have accumulated a lot more soaping stuff than I realized. I'm moving on a shoestring, literally getting rid of my entire life, to fit it into suitcases and a few boxes my friend will ship to me later. I thought it would be ok - then I saw all the soaping supplies and tools and nearly cried. I can't , just can't, ditch it. Don't want to lose it, and have to start over, and I'll be darned if I'm going to get rid of a single item given to me by a fellow soapers. So now I'm going to have quite a few more than just a couple boxes for her to ship later. But I don't wanna leave any of it behind LOL. Good grief, what a dilemma. And to boot, I dunno how long it will be until I find a part time job after I get there so I'm having an issue. As it is I'm trying to figure out how to pay for shipping my Maisy kitty.

Needless to say, I'm freaking out a little.

Woooosssaaaaaah.

Wooooossssaaaaah.....

LOL... I need a stinking drink.... geez... lol

Last edited:
I feel the same way about my soaping stuff. I love my soap making stuff but after a move 3 years ago only have kept what I really like and use. Is there anyway your friend can hold the packed boxes until you are able to pay for the shipping to receive them?

Gigi, I too am thinking of you and sending good thoughts and prayers that things come together quickly for you. Glad to have you back here. You bring a smile to my face.

You've got me thinking now. I'm sure there's stuff in there I can part with because it's either very easily replaced or just not something I found very useful. Hmmmm. If I could trim it down by half, that would rock, because then it wouldn't cost a fortune to ship.

I'm moving to a life where I'll finally have time and energy to soap so I don't want to finally have time and nothing to soap with LOL.

Ty, that helped. I hadn't looked at it from the right angle :) told ya I've been freaking out hahaha

Hi Gigi the same as me when I went here in Uk I just brought a little of my clothes because its expensive to bring in. I left a lot in Spain when I came home to Philippines and then I left a lot again in the Philippines when I went here. It sad to leave our stuff behind but sometimes we need too.

Freaking out is part of the move. I knew I'd be getting the call from my sis when she moved from So Calif to Oregon. Sure enough, the call came, sobbing, what am I doing, etc. All is well now, and the same will be for you. Reno is exploding right now with new business's moving in so I don't think you'll have any trouble finding part time work. :mrgreen:Chin up!:mrgreen:

Freaking out is part of the move. I knew I'd be getting the call from my sis when she moved from So Calif to Oregon. Sure enough, the call came, sobbing, what am I doing, etc. All is well now, and the same will be for you. Reno is exploding right now with new business's moving in so I don't think you'll have any trouble finding part time work. :mrgreen:Chin up!:mrgreen:

Thanks for the encouragement :) Are you near Reno?

Not sure where you are located, but the USPS regional shipping boxes may be a cheaper option for you. You have to order the boxes online - they are free and your mail carrier will drop them off. If your current location and Reno are in the same "region" the postage is much cheaper than standard USPS priority.

Not sure where you are located, but the USPS regional shipping boxes may be a cheaper option for you. You have to order the boxes online - they are free and your mail carrier will drop them off. If your current location and Reno are in the same "region" the postage is much cheaper than standard USPS priority.

I didn't know that, I'll check into it. Ty :)

Back