FrankincenseTears

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guinevere

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone here has used FrankincenseTears in their soap? If so should we use them at the same rate of most other additives, one tsp per pound? I did see that someone had used them and she froze them overnight before using however did not say how much she used. So than you in advance much love and,

GodSpeed

Natalie

I have infused oil with frankincense, but I haven't put the resin directly into soap. I would think it would be a bit scratchy

I have infused oil with frankincense, but I haven't put the resin directly into soap. I would think it would be a bit scratchy

Yes it could be however I was thinking about grinding them up slightly and then sprinkling them on top. My next batch I’ll infuse my oil. Infusing is something I’ve never done. I’ve looked a couple of videos up and it can’t be that hard. Certainly easier then all the calculations that go along with soaping. Thanks for your reply!

Guinevere

Oh please, I beg you on my knees to not waste one single bit of frankincense resin. I love frankincense but it's future supply is in danger. It's often the only source of decent income for local people and the trees are greatly overharvested to the point where their lifespan is shortened by many decades - or worse.

Please, everyone. Treat it like the treasure it is. Some people predict there may be a massive shortage of it in just 20 - 30 years! https://www.facebook.com/savefrankincense/

I'm sorry - but the idea of people "wasting" the resin by decorating soap with it (where people will simply pick it off and throw it away - just kills me. I saw a Royalty Soaps video where she did it and meant to send her a personal note about it since she influences so many people but forgot about it until now.

(but then I also cringe when people use expensive high quality/mineral salt in a soap when it's better to eat it instead of washing it down the drain)

Frankincense really doesn't add anything to the soap. The scent isn't strong enough to stay, not even in a infusion.

The tears are wicked hard to grind, even frozen they ruined my grinder. Left a sticky residue that I was never able to remove.

I was disappointed I couldn't find a way to use them and myrrh. I got a pound of each and its just going to waste.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can dissolve frankinsence in hot water and use it for the lye. there is a fraction which does not dissolve, but most of it does :)

Latest posts

Back