Fragrence calculator

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will preface this post by apologizing for my ignorance regarding soap calculators.
I sit it awe when I see others with all the beautiful soap when compared to my pittance of a soap
Here is my recipe

20oz coconut oil 1.25
20oz olive oil 1.25
18oz goat's milk 1.13
7.0 oz lye
13oz lard
I wanted to add a combo of Lavender and ginger fragrance and one of the club members here wrote this:
For your recipe I would use 3.6 oz Lavender and 1.4 oz Ginger. The 1.4 oz Ginger is according to Bramble Calculator for the strong setting which is approx 4% of your oils. You have to be careful with ginger since it can be irritating , it also accelerates and heats up in soap cp soap
How do you do two (or more) fragrance oils?? You put in say lavender into the Bramble Calculator and you click next....how do you add another fragrance to the lavender (I am wanting to add lemon)

Am I missing a step? Please advise
Thank you

Deduct the other fragrance (lemon) from the Lavender or use less Ginger. You know how much the max suggested is for the Ginger so just do not go over. As for Lemon it does not hold well in cp soap. May I ask if you are just starting out why are you making such large batches. It is quite a waste if things go south or you hate the fragrance.

Each batch gives me around 20 bars of soap And it is nice soap the lemon soap has a nice flagrance as does my orange
When you say Deduct the other fragrance (lemon) from the Lavender
I think I understand I have 3.6 of lavender and I have 1.4 oz of lemon so I use 1.4oz less of lavender?
Correct? Thank You

Latest posts

Back