1. We are helping test out a new project for soapmakers. Soapmaking Friend. If you are interested in providing feedback and help guide this project to include all you want to see in a recipe builder and calculator please PM an Admin or post in the Announcements forum. Your feedback is really needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Fragrence calculator

Discussion in 'Fragrance Oils/Fragrance reviews' started by numike, Aug 8, 2018.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Aug 8, 2018 #1

numike

numike

numike

I will preface this post by apologizing for my ignorance regarding soap calculators.
    I sit it awe when I see others with all the beautiful soap when compared to my pittance of a soap
    Here is my recipe

20oz coconut oil 1.25
    20oz olive oil 1.25
    18oz goat's milk 1.13
    7.0 oz lye
    13oz lard
    I wanted to add a combo of Lavender and ginger fragrance and one of the club members here wrote this:
    For your recipe I would use 3.6 oz Lavender and 1.4 oz Ginger. The 1.4 oz Ginger is according to Bramble Calculator for the strong setting which is approx 4% of your oils. You have to be careful with ginger since it can be irritating , it also accelerates and heats up in soap cp soap
    How do you do two (or more) fragrance oils?? You put in say lavender into the Bramble Calculator and you click next....how do you add another fragrance to the lavender (I am wanting to add lemon)
    [​IMG]
    Am I missing a step? Please advise
    Thank you

2. Aug 9, 2018 #2

cmzaha

cmzaha

cmzaha

Supporting Member

Deduct the other fragrance (lemon) from the Lavender or use less Ginger. You know how much the max suggested is for the Ginger so just do not go over. As for Lemon it does not hold well in cp soap. May I ask if you are just starting out why are you making such large batches. It is quite a waste if things go south or you hate the fragrance.

3. Aug 9, 2018 #3

numike

numike

numike

Each batch gives me around 20 bars of soap And it is nice soap the lemon soap has a nice flagrance as does my orange
    When you say Deduct the other fragrance (lemon) from the Lavender
    I think I understand I have 3.6 of lavender and I have 1.4 oz of lemon so I use 1.4oz less of lavender?
    Correct? Thank You

4. Aug 9, 2018 #4

BattleGnome

BattleGnome

BattleGnome

Zany_in_CO likes this.
  5. Aug 9, 2018 #5

Zany_in_CO

Zany_in_CO

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier