Fragrances for Men

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allinalather

Reaction score
I am new to this, I don't know what a lot of the fragrances smell like. Can you suggest some fragrances/combinations for men please?

I'll second NG's Teakwood and Cardamom. It's nice and warm. NG's British Burberry is also terrific if you're looking for something "young".

BB Cedar and Saffron has gotten a positive review from a lot of my friends. Some consider it Christmasy. Aztec Walk in the Woods (pine) and Oak For Men (BBW dupe) got big thumbs up from my husband.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I am in the UK, can someone please give me a link to WSP?

Vanilla and peppermint. Seriously, I make stuff in "manly" scents and the guys all go for the vanilla and the peppermint.

I also did a lime + bay rum blend that was wonderful. I think it's 4 parts lime (in my case I used Lime Blossom FO) and 1 part Bay Rum. I tried to do a swirl and left half the soap uncolored and the other half bright green, but the Bay Rum discolored the soap so it looks a little odd now.

These are the main manly scents that the menfolk in my sphere of influence really like:

-Paradise (Daystar)- an effervescent lime scent
-Salty Sailor (Daystar)- a salty sea air fragrance
-Santa's Pipe (SweetCakes)- smells just like cherry tobacco
-Old Spice Classic- (Oregon Trails)- smells just like the real deal to my nose
-The Perfect Man (NaturesGarden)- smells like a very manly grapefruit
-Montego Bay (Oregon Trails)- smells exactly like the real Bay Racemosa EO to my nose
-Barbershop 1920's (Rustic Escentuals)- hubby says it smells just like his dad after a shave at the barbershop. It brought back a lot of memories for him.
-Twilight Woods (Peak's)- a pleasant woodsy scent with a slight vanilla undertone to my nose
-Soapy Clean (Brambleberry)- smells just like Tone soap.
-Sugared Spruce (WSP)- smells just like you'd imagine it would smell like. Very aptly named.
-Cedar & Saffron (Brambleberry)- doesn't smell like cedar or saffron to my nose, but it does smell quite lovely- it reminds me of the smells of Christmas.

There's more I could mention, I'm sure, but those are the biggies.

IrishLass :)

Wow, that is a lot to be going on with. Thanks everyone for taking the time. Not sure how many of these fragrances are available in the UK, but it has definitely given me a direction.

For me Fragrance oil aren't as popular with men, men seem to prefer the essential oils peppermint, patchouli, tea tree, pines, cedars and men seen to be into exfoliants much more then women. But pick are also pickier, the want my bars with a 45 degree chamfer around the whole bars because it's it's sharp. I've never had a woman complain about that but numerous men have.

Hunter's Moon from Daystar was a big seller for me. I personally love Santa's Pipe from SweetCakes, I saw a lot of interest from the name but not many buyers.

My personal fave is Bayrum & Lime. It smells fresh and manly. My husband LOVES Twisted Peppermint from Aztec, it is his favorite hands down. He is also a fan of Salty Sailor from Daystar.

Back