Fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annmarie0407

Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy PURE ESSENTIAL OILS? What about Ebay? If so, any favorite sellers?

Also, I am a newbie. I just made some lavender soap(4 weeks ago) and used 4 tablespoons of Lavender essential oil for my 4lb mold...but the soap barely has a smell. How much oil should I be using?

Also, I live in Southern California(OC). Does anyone know somewhere local to get supplies?

Thank you
Annmarie

Here is a link to some soapmaking suppliers:

http://www.soap-making-essentials.com/soap-making-suppliers.html

There is one there for California but I think it is just the base oils and not EO's.

As to how much to add....everyone has a different idea on how much is enough. If you added 1 tbsp per pound of base oils then that is about 1/2 ounce. Many use about 1/2 - 3/4 ounces per pound of base oils. I use about 3 - 4 tsp. per pound. Remember that if you have been around the scent for awhile, you become somewhat immune to it.

Also, each oil will have a different strength...clove is quite strong but sweet orange is quite week. And the quality of the oils can vary.

cdwinsby said:
Remember that if you have been around the scent for awhile, you become somewhat immune to it.
I have a much bigger problem with this when I use EO's. :(

Latest posts

Back