Fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetTopanga

Reaction score
I'm sorry. I know I'm kind of monopolizing everything here. So I tried a bunch of different fragrances last night. Some I really liked, but most I was not so happy with after the soap was done. :( Is it possible the scent would smell different (stronger or fainter or...something) if I used it in CP soap? I don't want to get rid of the scents if their is a chance I could use them for something else. Oh, one more thing (ha ha that's a laugh, I ask oodles of questions lol) what size is an average sized bar? I feel like what I'm coming up with now (roughly 3x5 about 2 inches thick) is much to big to actually use. I can barely fit it into my hand! Should I cut it in half? What do you guys do?

fragrances can smell differnt & behave diffrent in diff products. I have a birthday cake I love in lotions & scrubs, but in soap (M&P) it smells like stale milk :shock: . One of my best sellers year round is pink sugar, but it only lasts about 14 days in my sugar scrubs.

That is why it is so important to test everything & keep a sample of everything you make so you can go back in 3 months, 6 months, 1-2 years & see how it has *changed*.

I believe the average bar is 4, some people offer a generous 5oz size. Soap and bath and body products are sold by wieght & must be labeled by weight to comply w/ the FDA standards.

Hope this helps & keep asking away, it keeps us on our toes :wink: .

Back