Fragrance Supplier in Norway

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know of any Norwegian fragrance suppliers. I think when people have asked similar questions here, sounds like they often end up buying from places like Gracefruit or Soap Kitchen in the UK or Manske in Germany, if I recall correctly. Urtegaarden in Denmark is the closest one to Norway and I see they offer FOs and EOs, but I've not heard anyone recommend them. That doesn't mean they're bad to deal with, just that I haven't heard anything, good, bad, or indifferent. The SMF Fragrance Oil Review has a supplier list that includes these suppliers.

There might be other suppliers who ship to Norway on the list -- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...vMFTWfchk-c7sNswuh-yaTdRf1M/edit#gid=63672521

There are no suppliers in Norway. Some have a fragrance oil or two for astronomical prices. So you have to buy from abroad.

Many suppliers ship to Norway, but many don't. I bought from Eroma in Australia (very high shipping cost), and had to arrange shipping myself (which was a plus since I then could write my own freight paper and sneak it thru our strict customs. What I saved there helped to justify the high shipping cost).

Buying fragrances (or anything else) when situated in Norway can be very frustrating. Outside the EU often means outside the known world. You will often find that EU suppliers ship to EU countries only. You will also find that some charge ridicilous high shipping costs to send outside EU. Others have very low shipping costs. I can't remember which suppliers who do what, since it's been a while ago and I did not keep any records of my research.

So, what I will recommend you to do is to always to put one item in your cart and go directly to checkout. You can always interrupt the checkout. That will save you a ton of problems. I can't count all the times I forgot and just kept on shopping for hours, just to realize in the end that they did not ship to Norway or the shipping was sky rocket high. So, a test-checkout first, then shop afterwards.

Before you do your final checkout, you should visit the Norwegian customs and calculate what you will have to pay all-together (otherwise you can get a real shock!). Visit toll.no (the calculator is the first that pops up). Orders under 350 NOK included shipping are free of charges and norwegian VAT.

If you don't need specific scents from a specific supplier, then choose a supplier that does a VAT exempt. Otherwise you will end up paying double VAT, the country you buy from and norwegian VAT. That can be 50% extra (25% in each country).

You can check for VAT exempt when you do your test-checkout. If VAT is not added after you choose shipping to Norway, or if the items costs less than their given price, then they give a VAT exempt.

Also be aware of extra fees some suppliers can charge you. Some customs clearance fees, around 25 GBP. They don't have to pay anything, even if they claim so. You have to pay it. If they charge you extra, you will pay double. So avoid those suppliers. I thought the Soap Kitchen did just that, but when doing a test-checkout now, it seem like they don't. But they do have high shipping costs if you buy just a small order. For bigger orders, the shipping is fine.

In general, Western Europe have the lowest shipping costs. Eastern Europe have high shipping, but can have lower priced goods. Southern Europe have in general okey shipping costs, depending. And America have really high shipping, always. Australia the same. Even higher than America, which makes sense regarding the distance.

To find suppliers in Europe is not that easy. You have to search in different languages. Kosmetische rohstoffe (cosmetic raw materials) and duftöle (fragrance oils) are examples of terms you can use to find suppliers from Germany and Austria. You can also get some Swiss results. Switzerland have almost always higher prices than other countries.

Apart from the suppliers Dee-Anna mentioned, I will add Behawe.com (Germany), Granvelada.com (Spain). Newdirectionsuk.com (UK), Mysticmomentsuk.com (UK). And it exists many more.

Granvelada in Spain have lots of fragrances (plus colors, equipments etc). The shipping is quite high to Norway, so I would avoid Granvelada in general and rather look for another supplier with cheaper shipping. But they have a huge array of fragrances you might not find elsewhere. Lots of single notes, for example. So it can be worth the extra shipping, depending on what you are after.
The site is in spanish or portuguese only, but it's not too difficult to navigate and understand, especially with help from Google Translate. Here is a link directly to their fragrance oils (not affiliate link and I have not bought from them and can't say anything about their oil's quality and performance):

https://www.granvelada.com/es/28-donde-comprar-esencias-para-hacer-jabones-jabon-velas-perfumes

Are you moving to Norway? If not, you should :-D

I want to add The Soapery in the UK: https://www.thesoapery.co.uk

They don't have fragrance oils (they have essential oils), but they have unbelievably low shipping prices for smaller amounts! The shipping is so low that you can split the order up in two or more separate orders for a total under 350 NOK each. That way you can avoid paying customs fees and extra VAT. Or if you run out of one or two things, or miss this and that, you can easily re-order those from The Soapery without getting broke on shipping cost.

For example, an order of 1 liter of glycerine will cost you £4.49 (Kr 50,- / $6) in shipping. Everything up to 1 kg will cost that amount. That is cheaper than domestic shipping in Norway!

That low shipping makes it possible for you to buy more items and still get under 350 NOK. That means that you will get the goods in a short time (no waiting for weeks as you have to when ordering for over 350,-), without paying the customs fees of around 200 NOK plus 25% VAT extra on both the shipping cost and the products.

I ordered glycerine, castor oil, several micas, titanium dioxide and something else I can't remember now. I did split it in two orders, but they had thrown everything in one parcel and made it look like one of the orders, which were fine, since it went tru customs without problems. And I have been happy with my purchase, but keep in mind I'm not at all able to judge the quality of the products. But they seem totally fine. And I will order from them again, absolutely. Shipping from the UK to Norway is usually very quick compared to buying from many other countries, which is a plus.

I think I can say, since I have been all over the place visiting most soapmaking supply stores in most of Europe (except some countries in Eastern Europe I could not manage to google them up in, plus Finland and most of Russia), that the shipping you get from The Soapery is THE most affordable ever for Norwegian customers! You can hardly send a domestic letter for that price.

I'm sure they have the same low fares for other European countries as well. Many small countries in Europe have just the same problems as Norwegians, next to nothing soapmaking related to buy in their own country, which make them dependent upon foreign shops, with the problems that can cause both economical and otherwise for for non-EU countries like Switzerland, Turkey, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Andorra, Georgia, Albania, Serbia, Belarus etc, etc.

Of course there are many other shops to find out there, some really, really bad and some unbelievably good. But this one is just too good to let it go without throwing out the link to those who look for a shop who offer bargain shipping and good products.

(The Soapery are on Ebay as well, but I would definately bought from the shop itself and not via Ebay. Why? I don't want to pay the sneaky Ebay when I can pay the shop directly, and that way pay less. I don't want the shop pay unnecessary fees to Ebay which eventually can force them to increase their product prices. I avoid Ebay if I can easily avoid it, and in this case, I can. Ebay force every payment thru Paypal, so that they can twist out some extra money from you. And they let you believe you can pay directly with credit card, not thru Paypal, which is just a scam since they give you the lousy Paypal exchange fee anyway. That is sneaky snake behaviour I don't like, and that's why like to avoid Ebay if I can. But many times I can't, and I do order from Ebay even if I prefer not to).

Latest posts

Back