Fragrance strength Questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrysta

Reaction score
hello!

So I had a question about fragrance strength. Im curious why some fragrances disappear for some and not others. So for example I was using an FO that disappeared completely but other said it was pretty strong for them I was using the highest recommended percentage for the FO. So my question is does the soap recipe affect this at all? Or could other factors affect the strength?

Thanks all!

I try to read the reviews listed for each FO, EO. This should give you an idea of how long-lasting the scent will be.

I think there is some difference in recipes that may affect a fragrance, but I haven't nailed anything specific. There is one supplier I no longer buy FO's from because I have had issues with scent not lasting, fragrances causing DOS, and not behaving as stated. I think the bigger difference though is usage rate. Make sure that you are using a good usage rate, especially if you intend your soaps to have a long shelf life.

Back