Fragrance Recommendations for 20s/30s Females

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bohunk

Reaction score
I'm looking for some floral, floral/fruity and or tropical type scents for this age group. The family keeps telling me, whatever I have on hand is fine but somehow I don't think rose, peony and lilac is really their thing. I usually buy from BB, MMS and Sweet Cakes but I'm willing to give AHRE a go since I've changed up my soap formula and it isn't as OO heavy as it used to be.

thanks for any input.

Beth

OT, but do you happen to be Ukrainian/eastern European, Beth ?

Two that I've found to be very popular are Karma (a Lush dupe) and Caribbean Escape. I buy from a Canadian supplier (Candora) so I don't know if any US suppliers carry them or have them with the same names.

I have the same problem! My girls like fruity/floral and scrunch their noses up at all my amber/musk/woodsy fragrances. Perfume dupes have been a big hit (like Juicy Couture, Victoria Secret, Britany Spears, Beyonce, etc). I haven't ordered FOs from the companies you listed yet, so I can't recommend anything in particular. Except Lovespell, everyone carries a Lovespell :D NG carries a couple of Juicy Couture and Britany Spears dupes, that's where I ordered them.

Your username sounds familiar. You wouldn't happen to have a famed scrub recipe floating around on the internet, would you?

I have good luck with Lovespell from California Candle Supply and Mango Papaya. Also Black Raspberry Vanilla from soapsupplies.net (no discoloration or acceleration). Dragon's blood both men and women in this age group. Lemongrass with Litsea is also quite popular for me, and Nag Champa from WSP.

Bohunk is a long time member of The Dish Forum and I know she has some recipes posted. If I am wrong I stand corrected...

Hm, as a member of this age group (on the upper end), I wouldn't say I really like floral scents or anything perfume-y.... Fruity is okay if it is on the crisp side.

I have good luck with Lovespell from California Candle Supply and Mango Papaya. Also Black Raspberry Vanilla from soapsupplies.net (no discoloration or acceleration). Dragon's blood both men and women in this age group. Lemongrass with Litsea is also quite popular for me, and Nag Champa from WSP.

Bohunk is a long time member of The Dish Forum and I know she has some recipes posted. If I am wrong I stand corrected...

Nag Champa from WSP....love that one, it's a great blender. It smells very floral and powdery to me. My girls are not fans though. They think it smells like the healthfood store lol

Hm, as a member of this age group (on the upper end), I wouldn't say I really like floral scents or anything perfume-y.... Fruity is okay if it is on the crisp side.

I too am on the upper end of this age group. Barely :D

I think lot of the perfumes I mentioned are quite fruity! Especially Lovespell, I love it.

I think lot of the perfumes I mentioned are quite fruity! Especially Lovespell, I love it.

Okay, I have not tried Lovespell. To be honest, most FO's I have tried smell too perfumey to me, that's why for myself I use mostly EOs... (I did quite like NS's Apple FO though, used it in a salt bar and it smells like fresh apples.)

Thanks for your help. I'll check out Lovespell and Black Raspberry Vanilla. I'll check with the girls about the dupes you mentioned.

On another note: yes, I'm a member of the Dish forum also. I stumbled across you all when I was searching for a lemon basil scent. I did formulate an emulsifying scrub many many moons ago; I can't take all credit, it was a collaborative effort between me, Lab Rat and Bandicoot. Since then, many many other talented people have formulated much nicer scrubs than mine. Yes, my family is from Eastern Europe; I'm slovak-american; hence the handle.

Yes, my family is from Eastern Europe; I'm slovak-american; hence the handle.
Ah yes, I was wondering if it was something you reclaimed. Like, I can call myself a dyke, but not everyone can.... ;-)

As someone in the center of that age group... I like a light musk and not so much anything fruity (unless it’s more of a crisp fruity but I don’t see much of those commercially).

I’ve been liking Spanish Fly from Mad Oils lately (but I think MO sold their fragrance line to Arizona Soap Supplies?). My sister likes a plain lavender (she’s a few years older than me). I think the lavender could easily blend if you’d like and could definitely hit a relaxation association with your target crowd

Back