Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Made many batches of the same variant yesterday and cut it today. Used an accelerating FO (Jasmine) in the medium-strong range. Have not added any colourant so its supposed to be plain white. Now some batches look all right while some batches have yellow pockets. I don't suspect they are lye pockets.

Two questions : 1) I checked on them after a few hours and noted that the ooziness has subsided fully. Now I'm going to let it cure and test it after 3 weeks. What is the worst that can happen, assuming they aren't lye pockets. Skin irritation from unsaponified FO caused by overheating?

2) Added lye, few bursts of the blender. then added FO. Hand whisked the rest as this fragrance is a bit unforgiving. Some of the yellow blobs formed while whisking in the FO. Tried mixing it in well but not all of it dispersed. Didn't want a seize situation so got it into the mould. Is this ricing?

Some of the yellow pockets have turned white now. What's going on in there? 😓

Any and all tips appreciated. Will try to post pics later.

Thanks!

Have you cut the soap, and have leaking pockets inside from overheating and creating craters? We really cannot be of any help without pictures. Many floral fragrance oils are notorious for accelerating, ricing, and /or overheating. In other words, they can be troublesome and Jasmine is on the top of the list, along with Coconut, and Lily of the Valley Fo's. As Alioop mentioned FO's do not saponify.

Have you cut the soap, and have leaking pockets inside from overheating and creating craters? We really cannot be of any help without pictures. Many floral fragrance oils are notorious for accelerating, ricing, and /or overheating. In other words, they can be troublesome and Jasmine is on the top of the list, along with Coconut, and Lily of the Valley Fo's. As Alioop mentioned FO's do not saponify.

Yes, they're cut and fully cured. Tested one bar and its totally fine.

Also cut one bar down the middle - totally fine, no pockets on the inside. Just the riced bits I guess.

Back