Fragrance Oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terri Smith

Reaction score
I have both FO and EO. I was using both in M&P soaps but have now moved on to making lye based soap. (Quite happy with my first loaf!)

Can I still use FO as I have quite a few and don't want to waste them.

Thanks!

It depends on the FO, some are made just for use in m&p.
Did you get them at a hobby store or from a soap supply website? The ones from a hobby store won't work in CP.

Totally depends on where they were purchased and if they are formulated for CP. I highly recommend purchasing from reputable soapmaking companies that have reviews.

Some FOs will cause ricing. Some will cause excelleration of trace and some will discolor. You will need to read the reviews of each, if you got them online. If you got them from a hobby store, then I would be wary of using them in CP soap.

Got them from a company called Mystic Moments here in the UK (through Amazon) They do both FO and EO.

I highly recommend going to their site and reading reviews. Also, it looks like they've got the SDS and IFRA documents listed so you'll need to check them for individual usage rates. If it says 100% for Soap (#9) don't use 100%. I use approximately 1 oz per pound of oils.

Latest posts

Back