Fragrance oils in sugar scrubs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendejm

Reaction score
probably a stupid question....how can I tell which fragrance oils are safe for use on the skin? I don’t want to use something that will cause a reaction. I’ve looked online but can’t find an answer. Please and thanks!

For Nurture Soap there is a link on the fragrance oil page for the IFRA document, which gives maximum safe usage levels by product type. Note that this is only safety, and not feasibility - if it says 50% for soap it does not mean that you should use it at that level, nor does it mean that the soap would be able to hold that much fragrance. They also have a fragrance calculator that takes into account practical considerations along with the safety. You can also contact the company that is selling the product.

For Nurture Soap there is a link on the fragrance oil page for the IFRA document, which gives maximum safe usage levels by product type. Note that this is only safety, and not feasibility - if it says 50% for soap it does not mean that you should use it at that level, nor does it mean that the soap would be able to hold that much fragrance. They also have a fragrance calculator that takes into account practical considerations along with the safety. You can also contact the company that is selling the product.
That’s great info/insight! Thank you!!

Back