Fragrance oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Zoeybops just to add to what Lilyjo said, keep checking your IFRA docs as some usage rates have changed or are about to change:thumbs:

SeaSuds, I agree that checking the IFRA rates is important. However I found that it is harder to do lately. Do you have a current link to a webpage where I can look up a specific FO or EO on IFRA's website without having to search the site, which seems to have become extremely user-unfriendly to me. I'd really appreciate it.

I have noticed that there have been some Category changes for some products (See Table 14 in this document) and although soap is unchanged, some other products some of our members make are now in different categories) and they have added sub-categories as well. But I still cannot find where to go to read safe usage for any particular essential oil to find the components within an essential oil to watch out for, which I used to be able to do on their site. It's become so difficult for me to find anything I want to find on that site, I am just not feeling safe believing anything anyone else says about what's safe per IFRA standards anymore because, they could be talking about the old standards and not the new ones.

Last edited:
@earlene here in the UK the supplier provides the up to date information and the soapmaker has to keep records for each essential oil. We also have to calculate the allergens for each oil and state these on the label (if selling)

I appreciate that, SoapSuds. Some of the suppliers here in the US have that information available as well, but I sure wish the IFRA site was searchable for that information the way it used to be.

Latest posts

Back