fragrance oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clownking99

Reaction score
so im in the middle of making my first batch of goat milk soap ^_^ YAY!
alls ive done so far is added the lye to the milk-so far so good!

the recipe calls for 42 grams... i only have 20 grams
does this change the recipe?
should i use another oil instead to balance it?

250g goat milk
117 grams lye beads

olive oil - 247 grams
coconut oil -248g
palm oil -165g
shea butter - 124 gr
castor oil - 42 g
fragrance oil - 42 g

It would be better if you added this to your original post, it gets confusing - and hard for the mods - otherwise. Also, your question is hard to understand/answer.

Last edited:
Bless your heart, I am sure you are trying to explain and think it is obvious. But you really do have to spell out everything in the recipe, and every step of the process, before anyone can take a guess at it. It is a pain, but you have to do it to get good advice.

You don't have to add fragrance oils at all if you don't want, so less than the recipe calls for is fine. Do not replace the missing amount with another oil. Fragrance oil is different from soaping oil.

Sorry, you did specify subsequently. My very off the top of the head thinking, still a little high on shea, also many people are sensitive to that much CO. Also not sure if you are using RPO - as per your other thread - and the color effects there. I admit, I hate math so did not parse yours out.

Back