Fragrance oil trends

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbloomingdale

Reaction score
Question 1:

I was wondering if anyone could suggest fragrance oils that are now trending. I have faves that I have kept over the last 10 years, but want to open up to something new. Any suggestions????

Question 2:

Am I the only one that can not let go of Cucumber Melon?

Diane

I love cucumber melon too. It's just one of those fresh smelling fragrances that everyone seems to like. Other crowd pleasers: Coconut Lime Verbena, Rosemary Mint, Orange/Clove, and Black Raspberry Vanilla.

I don't sell, but my personal on-trend scents.. ginger anything, lemon anything, and I'm really digging sweeter fruity scents like Apple Mango Tango and Peach right now. It will not stop snowing, and I need to get some spring into my life - so soap is my only source.

I don't know if it's trending, but I made a blend of lavender, lemon verbena and patchouli that's amazing. I can't smell the patch at all, next time I'll have to add more, but the lavender and lemon verbena smell so nice together. I rarely blend, because I'm just not great at it, but I'll definitely be making this one again.

Re: 1: I'm not much of one for following trends. I follow my nose instead and go with whatever it likes. lol Right now, it likes anything fruity and floral, preferable mixed together, such as Passionfruit Rose and Grapefruit Jasmine.

Re: 2: You are not the only one. I have loved Cucumber Melon since the first day I smelled it, and I have never become tired of it. Besides always having the fragrance oil on hand, I also have Cucumber Melon flavor oil on hand for my lip balms (from MMS), which is so yummy tasting.

IrishLass :)

I have no idea about trends but when I think about something a little more modern I think of: matcha and red/white tea, blends with black pepper, cardamom, wine and beer scents, non-traditional Hawaiian scents (i.e. pikake instead of pineapple coconut), cilantro/ginger blends. Although personally I end up buying the same things always:

1. Anything with mint
2. Anything with grapefruit
3. Anything with lavender

Re: 1: I'm not much of one for following trends. I follow my nose instead and go with whatever it likes. lol Right now, it likes anything fruity and floral, preferable mixed together, such as Passionfruit Rose and Grapefruit Jasmine.

Me too!! I just soaped with BB Grapefruit Bellini, made a lotion with BB Grapefruit Lily and a lip balm with BB Passionfruit Rose flavor/fragrance oil!
I LOVE the Passionfruit Rose and think I'll try it in soap!! I hope it survives the lye monster and retains that amazing scent :)

I LOVE the Passionfruit Rose and think I'll try it in soap!! I hope it survives the lye monster and retains that amazing scent :)

I'm totally in love with the Passionfruit Rose, too. I haven't soaped it yet- I've just been using it in lip balm- but wow, it smells so good! And it tastes incredibly yummy, too!

If it soaps well, it would make the perfect soap/lip balm gift combo.

IrishLass :)

Good thread! We were just this week looking at new fo's. Last year we had requests for rose and eucalyptus scents.

Well I would never have thought of that combination, now I'm intrigued. I'm looking for scents to blend with eucalyptus at the moment.

One of my favorites is an Avobath dupe. It's like lemongrass, but better (strong). Also, I am loving the Fruit Loops and Juicy Fruit scents - always a big sellers with kids.

Latest posts

Back