Fragrance Oil Suppliers Australia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penelopejane

Reaction score
Hi
I am interested in some Nature's Garden FOs in Australia.

I can get them from Kody's or Big Tree.
Taking an example of Butt Naked Kody's are half the price of Big Tree.
But Kody's says use at 5-7% for soap and Big Tree says 3%.

NG says use at 5% for soap.

Has anyone had experience with these suppliers? Is it worth paying more or is just a matter of how they report their findings?

I don't think there's a difference in their FOs.
I think it's just how the suppliers found what works for them the best.
I followed 3% usage rate from Big tree and often found it's not enough.
I started using FOs at around 5% and I'm more happy with how soaps are fragranced. But again, that's my personal preference. Some folks might find 3% is enough.
I find Big tree quite overpriced. She stocks few FOs I really like so I end up shopping there from time to time.

Yes, once only. But all FOs are the same. Even those I directly bought from NG in US.

I've bought a couple from Kody's and I have been happy with them. I did use the higher usage rate (7%) as I read somewhere that they are true NG fragrances but 'watered' down. (I really don't know if this is true or hearsay because I have nothing to compare with) Those soaps are 6 weeks cured now and still smell strong (they played nice too).

Kody's took 3 days to arrive.

I have not bought from Big Tree, I think they worked out too expensive if I remember correctly.

I didn't find them dilured either.
I got Honesyckle, Clean (type) and few others but they are true to the NG originals I already have.
I like Lush dupes Big tree sells, Sultana is one of my favourite FOs. I don't care for price of them haha.

^^^ dillsandwitch
Natural candle supply used to sell sweetcakes FOs but are now making their own, yet to be tested in CP soap, FOs. Have you bought their own FOs?

I'd love to know the names of the FOs you didn't like. I bought 5 FOs from Aussie soaps BB) and only like one [emoji33]

I have ordered from BTS a couple of times. Cant really say the FOs are all that great. I had soap on a stick from 2 FOs that the review info said caused no acc at all. Also had one that smelt like some sorta chemical solvent. i cant really even explain it but it was BAD.

I like these 2 places.
http://www.aussiecandlesupplies.com.au/
http://www.naturalcandlesupply.com.au/

Her descriptions are often vague, I've learnt not to trust them completely and just test FOs in really small batches.
I've also realised (it took me a while lol) that soap reviews are quite subjective and not to buy FOs according to reviews. Each person's nose is different and while one might adore one FO another one can hate it.
For example, BB energy is loved by many, but for me, it causes headaches and smells awful. It was same with Monkey farts and few others I bought from BTS based on review. Others love them but they just don't work with my nose.
I really like her Lu$h type FOs, they are good quality and long lasting.
I don't know what happened to Naturalcandlesupplies, they only have one FO in stock.... or I might be looking in a wrong place?

I don't know what happened to Naturalcandlesupplies, they only have one FO in stock.... or I might be looking in a wrong place?

Natural candle supply aren't selling Sweetcakes fragrances anymore. They were listed under soap making >fragrance oils.
They are making their own. Look under candle making > fragrance oils.
Then on each fragrance > more info. Then you will see if the box is ticked as OK for soap making.

Even though it is ticked they suggest you ring and check with them. What a process. Good price though. I haven't used their new fragrances yet.

^^^ dillsandwitch
Natural candle supply used to sell sweetcakes FOs but are now making their own, yet to be tested in CP soap, FOs. Have you bought their own FOs?

I'd love to know the names of the FOs you didn't like. I bought 5 FOs from Aussie soaps BB) and only like one [emoji33]

Id have to look at all my notes. Which is a task for another day. I have probably over 100 FOs from ACS and NCS. I have tested a bunch of them for discouloring, acceleration, overheating and staying power. Its a long list. When I get a spare half hour during the week i'll post some of my notes

2019 N0vember and can no longer buy Natures Garden Fragrance oils in AU becoz of EU restrictions placed on NG..
BAH!!!!..Royalty Soaps swears by their Peppermint as STRONG and LASTING..:( sad

What does that mean? Australia isn't in the EU so their regs are different. TY
I believe there are now shipping/freight restrictions which means the cost of shipping is prohibitive. I’d need to look I to this further but I recall reading something months ago about it. I think we are caught up in that.
Saying that I buy my fragrances from Eroma. An Aussie fragrance company with over 500 to choose from. They have been great. Are well priced and the customer service has been great.

I believe there are now shipping/freight restrictions which means the cost of shipping is prohibitive. I’d need to look I to this further but I recall reading something months ago about it. I think we are caught up in that.
Saying that I buy my fragrances from Eroma. An Aussie fragrance company with over 500 to choose from. They have been great. Are well priced and the customer service has been great.
Eroma's FO quality has gone down hill lately.
They are either diluting them or something - they don't stick as well as they used to.

Do they have CP testing? The prices seem 'too good to be true'?

No they don't, it's up to people to put up reviews when they buy the FO. It's up to you to test your own. This is a candle supply place, not soap supplies as such, they sell FO's that are safe for soap, you have to read each one and see what is safe. Some are OK, others are not.

Back